I have no idea where to post this, so don't make me post it again.
I can't get my gCn Client to work. I have Windows XP. Any suggestions?
Spenceboy98 wrote:
I have no idea where to post this, so don't make me post it again.
I can't get my gCn Client to work. I have Windows XP. Any suggestions?
Can you be (a lot) more specific about what's not working? What did you try already? Did you install the filter driver? What arguments are you passing to the gCnClient? Which version of Doors CS is on your calculator?
When I open it, I see a what looks like a command prompt pop up and then it exits immediately. I don't know what the filter driver is. I have Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
When I open it, I see a what looks like a command prompt pop up and then it exits immediately. I don't know what the filter driver is. I have Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2.
Did you read the documentation that comes with the gCnClient? If not, here it is in standalone form:

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/item.php?id=35

Skip to the section about using the client.
How do you connect it with USB? It is probably a stupid question for you, but I do not know how to.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
How do you connect it with USB? It is probably a stupid question for you, but I do not know how to.
First you need to plug in your calculator and install the filter driver, then you can launch the gCnClient. You'll need at least the -d d and -r flags, as well as -l <localhubname> and -n <hubname> arguments as well.
Where do I find the filter driver? I can't find it.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Where do I find the filter driver? I can't find it.

Here you go:

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=140971#140971
I'm pretty sure I installed the driver, but the gCn client still isn't working.
I don't think I installed it. Need help please.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Please don't double-post, this is the third time I've warned you. After you install the filter driver program, you need to plug in your calculator and run the filter driver program. Select your calculator from the list it shows, and let it install the driver for that device. The filter driver is per-USB-port, so if you plug the calculator into a different port, you'll have to do that part again.
KermMartian wrote:
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Please don't double-post, this is the third time I've warned you. After you install the filter driver program, you need to plug in your calculator and run the filter driver program. Select your calculator from the list it shows, and let it install the driver for that device. The filter driver is per-USB-port, so if you plug the calculator into a different port, you'll have to do that part again.

Hmm, the filter driver link didn't work for me the first time around, so just to help him a bit more, here is the direct link to the filter driver page Smile

http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/files/libusb-win32-releases/1.2.5.0/libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.5.0.exe/download
I would assume when he clicked through to that topic he saw the link to the filter driver to download and install, since he didn't say he couldn't find it.
I actually did do it for my calculator. The gCn Client isn't working for me. I click it and command prompt pops up briefly and then exits.
You have to run it from the command prompt, don't just double click it. Alternatively, you could use Tari's GUI which can be found somewhere on the forums.

Edit: Here: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6556
Spenceboy98 wrote:
I actually did do it for my calculator. The gCn Client isn't working for me. I click it and command prompt pops up briefly and then exits.
That's why I was talking about the arguments that you have to pass to the gCnClient. Did you read the readme that I linked?
How do I access gCn Client on Command Prompt? I apologize for all of the questions. I a total n00b. All I know is TI-Basic programming.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
How do I access gCn Client on Command Prompt? I apologize for all of the questions. I a total n00b. All I know is TI-Basic programming.
No apology necessary, as long as you ask all the questions that you need to ask and make sure that you check all the documentation I painstakingly created to help new users. Smile You need to open a command prompt, navigate to the folder where the gcnclient.exe program is, then run it with arguments. For example, for Gossamer, I use:

[code]

Be sure to read Section 5 on page 11 of the gCn Whitepaper if you're confused.
Where do I find a HUB?
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Where do I find a HUB?
Your local hub name can be whatever you want it to be, like Spence or SpncHub or whatever. The remote hub name corresponds to the program you're trying to use; each program notes the required hub name in its readme (see the pattern? Smile ). For example, Gossamer uses "WebHub", CALCnet Chat uses "IRCHub", Sandpaper uses "FTPHub", etc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours