KermMartian wrote:
helder7 wrote:
there are other casio prizm model in stores like ebay: FX-CG10-IH-SC
I might assume that the -SC indicates a school model of some sort, the way that TI has the yellow-encased school models? Also, to go on the earlier gCAS discussion, the code is open-source and freely available online. Smile

i found in one store

Quote:
PRIZM Color Graphing Calculator in School Property Blue Color, Approved for exams

there are some states and some schools in USA that only let you use blues calculators in school

probable there is no difference in hardware, is just a different color
Ah, thanks for tracking that down. I'd still like some authoritative facts about the IH to know that it doesn't have some different hardware inside, though.
Ashbad wrote:
AHelper wrote:
hehe, if most, if not all of the hardware is well-known, let me know!

<edit>

Ashbad: The library should work. A frontend just needs to display the nodes. I use sprintf, but anything that can print out floats and input strings of text will work.

This is offtopic, but perhaps send the source my way, and I can work out a port? Wink

offtopic: https://glassos.svn.sf.net/svnroot/glassos/trunk/src/gCAS2/
ontopic: Prizm get!
Congratulations! Welcome to our noble ranks of Prizm owners, AHelper.
... when I receive it Wink

I still have to wonder what prompted bestbuy to sell it at such a price... I found it at $80, but :-\
Excellent. I'd love to work with you on creating an OS. I'm working on disassembling the OS in my spare time currently. I also have a VM set up for USB and such.
graphmastur wrote:
Excellent. I'd love to work with you on creating an OS. I'm working on disassembling the OS in my spare time currently. I also have a VM set up for USB and such.

Creating? I think the goal is more to get some really lightweight form of Linux on there, and work from that.
Ashbad wrote:
graphmastur wrote:

Creating? I think the goal is more to get some really lightweight form of Linux on there, and work from that.
Yeah, I think that's the general hope at this point. It would certainly be a huge step up relative to the TI-Nspire, and would make it much, much easier to demo cool programs without much porting required.
KermMartian wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
graphmastur wrote:

Yeah, I think that's the general hope at this point. It would certainly be a huge step up relative to the TI-Nspire, and would make it much, much easier to demo cool programs without much porting required.

I know that this is straying from the original topic, but how much is known about the hardware on the prizm, such as the USB, keyboard, LCD, etc.?
We know a lot about the LCD and the keyboard. We now know tons about the Real-Time Clock (RTC) in the Prizm as well. We're still not entirely sure about other aspects of the hardware.
KermMartian wrote:
We know a lot about the LCD and the keyboard. We now know tons about the Real-Time Clock (RTC) in the Prizm as well. We're still not entirely sure about other aspects of the hardware.

When linking over the USB directly using the hardware works, then getting another OS on it will be practical.

Also, does the current OS put any blocks/protection on directly accessing the hardware?
The Prizm OS, like all modern not-TI OSes, utilizes the protection rings model. The kernel runs in privileged mode, and can do things like directly play with memory and hardware. As far as I can tell, parts of the GUI run in user mode. Confusingly, rumor has it that add-ins run in privileged mode, which means that we could use an add-in to bootstrap loading another OS onto the device.
Does anyone know if it is this price at the store also?
Rhombus P. wrote:
Does anyone know if it is this price at the store also?
Oh, that's a very good question, I'm not sure about that. I tend to think that it's not; I also tend to think that this may be a mistake, so the stores probably still have the "correct" price.
My aunt just orded me one sense my last prizm died.
I noticed that the store sold Casio fx-cg10 IH for full price. Whats the difference between de normal cg10 and the cg10 IH?
lirkaren wrote:
I noticed that the store sold Casio fx-cg10 IH for full price. Whats the difference between de normal cg10 and the cg10 IH?
We suspect that the normal one is black in color and the IH is blue. We'd love it if you could confirm this for us, though; also, care to Introduce Yourself when you have a chance?
KermMartian wrote:
lirkaren wrote:
We suspect that the normal one is black in color and the IH is blue. We'd love it if you could confirm this for us, though; also, care to Introduce Yourself when you have a chance?

I can't confirm it sense I got the one for $45 Smile
Prizms for $45 are as of right now sold out on bestbuy. Maybe they will be back? No idea...

Sad
AHelper wrote:
Prizms for $45 are as of right now sold out on bestbuy. Maybe they will be back? No idea...

Sad
Extreme sadness. Sad I was hoping to get one for myself as a spare, as well as one for Cemetech contest prizing. Bleh.
Now you have a reason to see what that other model has that the normal prizms don't have Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours