Current Folder Name on Toolbar?
Yes
 91%  [ 11 ]
No
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

For now I'm going to stick with my current interface design, although I'm masking and modifying the mouse to make it easier to use. GUIs are an idea for a future release.
It'd certainly put DCS on the same level as MOS.
Don't you think making it an app and adding GUI support + gCn support would do that anyway?
If you add GUIs.
I meant GUIs as in the GStack support. Smile
Oh. Then yes, probably so.
I would say definitely, if not more so. They seem like they're never going to release 1.3 so the title of best Shell is up for grabs. The only thing that was holding it back for me was the fact that it wasn't an app. Now it will be my primary shell Cool
Yay! I also noticed that DragonOS and NimbusOS seem to have dropped by the wayside, and CrunchyOS hasn't been updated in a while...
Nimbus is just going slow....the Dragon team says: "almost ready to resume development" every 2 months or so and then doesn't do anything.....
Do you think Nimbus is a contender then?
I don't. But then, I haven't heard much about it until now.
I definitely think Nimbus is a contender. I have the Beta they came out with recently, but unfortunately they haven't said much since the release of the beta. I do believe, however, that Doors will eventually win out because its developing much much faster than the others. Very Happy
Nimbus is at the moment considered the successor to MOS and Crunchy by just about everyone on UTI.
we need a third party to think on this. UTI makes Nimbus, so they support it. Here, Kerm makes DCS, and we enjoy what he has done, so we support him. Some of us don't know wher to sit, but oh well
I gotta say, despite being a UTI man (see the top 10 overall posters list there Smile), I think DCS will blow Nimbus out of the water--especially if you can get MOS support (maybe you should just try and reprogram all of the calls in mirage.inc from scratch)
I expect it to do so as well.
That's the problem, if I could actually get the MOS bcalls written, I'd be almost set with it. Sad
did you ask DS for source?
No, but I sincerely doubt they would give it out. I think many people have asked in the past. Sad
DWedit might be able to help.....he recoded a bunch for CrunchyOS.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours