I keep getting this message when I try to convert a .txt, "Cannot continue: invalid/missing device format specification."
I don't know what it means. Can anyone help?
Also, the Document DE 7 isn't working for me either. It says, "No file provided for parsing!"

I am irritated by these errors.
(1) Please type more descriptive topic titles
(2) Please do not double-post
(3) Please do not create two topics about the same error

Can you please provide clear, concise steps to reproduce your problem?
The Document DE 7 converter doesn't convert. I browse and click the .txt file and click "Convert File". Then it sends me to a white background page and it says,"No file provided for parsing!"
I was unable to replicate your problem. I entered a .txt file and clicked Convert, and I received a .8xp file in return. How big is the .txt file you're using? Are you sure it's a .txt file, rather than a renamed .doc or somtehing?
It is a .txt file. It is 56.6 KB.
Spenceboy98 wrote:
It is a .txt file. It is 56.6 KB.
That's too big. A calculator can only load about a 21KB Document DE 7 file at the very best of times, and to help enforce this, the page you're using contains the following constraint:

Code:
<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="40000" />
Oh. Thanks!
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Oh. Thanks!
No problem. Perhaps you consider dividing it into three 18KB files or something?
Maybe. I took out some of it and I put it on my calculator. It won't open. It keeps saying, "GUI Error: Need RAM"
Then the file is too big to fit in your RAM, split it up into smaller files. Or, do a RAM clear (After backing anything you had saved in your RAM up) and then try opening it again.
_player1537 wrote:
Then the file is too big to fit in your RAM, split it up into smaller files. Or, do a RAM clear (After backing anything you had saved in your RAM up) and then try opening it again.
Or just archive some of your programs in RAM. Smile
I will try.
What I am transferring is a story that my sister wrote. I decided to put it in chapters. Thanks!
Spenceboy98 wrote:
What I am transferring is a story that my sister wrote. I decided to put it in chapters. Thanks!
No problem, glad it worked out. Based on your experiences, I should put a small disclaimer on that page about the maximum size of uploaded files, and perhaps have a more descriptive error message. And once again, do not double-post.
Quote:
And once again, do not double-post.

This ^ but to elaborate a bit more, if you need to add something to a topic but already made a post in it within the past 12 (24?) hours, use the edit button Smile
For Spence and everyone else, I've added a note on the Document DE 7 converter page that notes the technical 20KB on-calculator limit and the 40KB hard limit enforced by the page. I've also made the form spit errors into friendly templated pages.
Plop,
Can you add the support of all ascii characters with this converter ? Because actually ² becomes 2, Φ becomes o, ρ becomes p, etc...

I rely on this program to my notes that I'll need at the end of the year to my baccalaureate. Evil or Very Mad
kindermoumoute wrote:
Plop,
Can you add the support of all ascii characters with this converter ? Because actually ² becomes 2, Φ becomes o, ρ becomes p, etc...

I rely on this program to my notes that I'll need at the end of the year to my baccalaureate. Evil or Very Mad
Actually, only ² of those are ASCII; the remainder are Unicode characters. Nevertheless, if you really need it, I'll try to remember, and please keep poking me about this.
*bump* I just sat down to work on this and realized I wasn't sure which direction you're talking about: txt to Document DE file or Document DE file to txt. Neither currently works, but the Document DE -> txt is easier than the reverse.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours