Hi Guys,
I have some basic programs that I wish to convert to apps. One program to do so that I found is Basic Builder. I have my Hex files and the wappsign program but my files aren't signed. Anyone know how to fix this? Or is there another way for me to convert my programs?
Wabbitsign packages the 0104 key and thus is probably a bit easier to use.
I haven't attempted to use wappsign in quite a while so don't know what is required for that. I believe it's as easy as pointing it at the hex file and key file (0104.key IIRC).
yeah, wappsign is easy to use, but I would high suggest wabbitsign as tari linked. I guess it would be better to say not to use wappsign. Very Happy
I can do either method now, but when I send over some of my files, some of them do not do anything. I run the app and it simply goes to the home screen. Can you see a problem? Is there a better program then basic builder?
BasicBuilder has some significant inefficiencies that I don't like, but for better or worse, there aren't really any alternatives available. I also second and third all the WabbitSign suggestions.
What everyone else is saying, use wabbitsign. I mean, I think you could use the flash debugger (I forget, have not done app signing in a loooong time) but I remember wabbitsign being the best choice
Yeah I got suggested to convert all my old calculator games before and the only one that got past the title screen is Mana Force I, even though it did not use a single pic var. Also some people reported that launching sub-programs is slower through BasicBuilder than it is normally, which can be problematic sometimes.
DJ_O wrote:
Also some people reported that launching sub-programs is slower through BasicBuilder than it is normally, which can be problematic sometimes.

The reason for this phenomenon is widely suggested to be caused by the BasicBuilder controlling engine copying the subprograms out to RAM every time before execution.
Anybody know why some of the converted files don't work?
@Ashbad: Ah, that could explain it. Also they have to be decompressed, right?

@JPfowl: Not sure, although if your game has picture files, you must manually edit the entire code and change Recallpic 1 and such thing to Recallpic A or something like that. You would need to check the readme in case you missed something else similar. However it is very possible that there are still remaining bugs in the converter.
DJ_O wrote:
@Ashbad: Ah, that could explain it. Also they have to be decompressed, right?

I don't remember if they actually are compressed or not, I'm thinking probably not. If they did, though, it would be even slower, because while copying memory contents and creating a new BASIC program in the VAT is going to slow things down, decompression from something even simple like RLE (which I use for example, you would not actually use this method for compressing programs) would take just as long, if not longer depending on the length of the compressed data.
No pictures involved. They are simple programs that once converted to apps, no longer run.
Thanks for the wapsign I couldn't find the file any where else

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours