Lol, so we will be able to make windows like programs? Thats awsome! Not to throw more work at you but could you make an editor in it? Like visual basic? you make the GUI with a GUI tool and then you program what things happen when you, say, click a drop down, insert a variable, Than it goes through and compiles it into a simple basic program. I think that would be cool. But I am thinking it may be better as a seperate app so that your not bogged down too much. Just an idea, I think its cool.

-Swivel
I might make that an on-computer program...good idea.
Projected GStack open file ( openFile() ) template:

Projected GStack save file ( saveFile() ) template:

dputs() is gonna use 5 font sets.
a = fontset
hl = ptr to 0-terminated string
pencol, penrow = coordinates of top left

Font Set 1: Regular Graphscreen
Font Set 2: Regular Homescreen
Font Set 3: Bold Graphscreen (5x5)

Font Set 4: 3x3 Graphscreen

Font Set 5: 4x3 Graphscreen
That looks sweet but how would DCS run apps?
The front page wrote:
dputs() shall be the built-in vputs and puts replacement routine, since apps cannot use vputs and puts.
[OT] Changed discuss link in news post to point to above post [/OT]
Chipmaster wrote:
That looks sweet but how would DCS run apps?
The front page wrote:
dputs() shall be the built-in vputs and puts replacement routine, since apps cannot use vputs and puts.

No, I meant for itself to use, since it's an app. And I'll also make the routine available as an asm lib.
aLL hAIL tEH UbER-mARTIAN
Smile ty sir. But I haven't actually programmed it yet.
while it is checking for input with the mouse, can other things run "in the background"? Or in other words, will it support a interupt based mouse execution so that things like RTS which would need to run troop AI while the user inputs and when he doesnt also?
I hadn't considered that yet, but it could certainly be done. I can just make another GUI Stack entry type that is a pointer to a piece of code, hopefully not to big so it wouldn't bog the mouse down, to do anything that needed doing while the GUI was working.
necro wrote:
while it is checking for input with the mouse, can other things run "in the background"? Or in other words, will it support a interupt based mouse execution so that things like RTS which would need to run troop AI while the user inputs and when he doesnt also?

sounds like a comp GUI API's idle loop

check for events->call idle->check for events->call idle, etc...
That's precisely what it is.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours