Yes. I said it. The word dreaded by many. I am one, actually, and would like input, and am also happy to answer non-trolling questions. I posted to Facebook, but nobody has said much, and honestly, I'm uncomfortable that nobody has asked me about or commented regarding being a brony.  I want people to know, but can't tell if they hear me.  More uncomfortable than I would be if they cut off communications because of it.  Wow. If you have a negative opinion, I won't ragequit Cemetech or any such thing; I simply want to know where you guys lie in the debate. Feel free to ask me about it, but try to avoid synecdoche.
technomonkey76 wrote:
Yes. I said it. The word dreaded by many. I am one, actually, and would like input, and am also happy to answer non-trolling questions. I posted to Facebook, but nobody has said much, and honestly, I'm uncomfortable that nobody has asked me about or commented regarding being a brony.  I want people to know, but can't tell if they hear me.  More uncomfortable than I would be if they cut off communications because of it.  Wow. If you have a negative opinion, I won't ragequit Cemetech or any such thing; I simply want to know where you guys lie in the debate. Feel free to ask me about it, but try to avoid synecdoche.

No comment.
I have no idea what a bronie is ...
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:

To give a literal definition, a brony is an older fan of the cartoon "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". I was drawn in by a friend, and I actually enjoyed it. Neutral It's developed an immense number of fans worldwide, mainly adult males between 13 and 30. It was actually a phenomenon that, of all possible places, began on 4chan. Also, the term is derived by combining "bro" and "pony". Is it odd? Yes, I must agree that it truly is.
I don't have an opinion on 'em, but I know our school has a MLP club... (and its poster says "bronies" on it)
technomonkey76 wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:

To give a literal definition, a brony is an older fan of the cartoon "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". I was drawn in by a friend, and I actually enjoyed it. Neutral It's developed an immense number of fans worldwide, mainly adult males between 13 and 30. It was actually a phenomenon that, of all possible places, began on 4chan. Also, the term is derived by combining "bro" and "pony". Is it odd? Yes, I must agree that it truly is.

No Comment.
technomonkey76 wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:

Can we just make this about brownies instead?
comicIDIOT wrote:
technomonkey76 wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:

I agree. Brownies sound good! haha.
comicIDIOT wrote:
technomonkey76 wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:

Haha; you don't seem to desire to discuss this. Shall I create a delicious dessert thread, as well? Also, I was able to click before you edited. I'm not THAT random to make a topic about brownies; no typo... but it wouldn't be random anymore. This topic will happily be changed to brownies if you pay me with twenty-five brownies, for you have now given me a craving for them. Laughing
I like how you make such a bit point about how much it sucks to not have any comment on the matter, and then Seana11 and Aes_Sedia5 reply with having no comment on the matter ... >:/

I've never heard of this, and it does catch me off guard that this can happen. It doesn't bother me, and I think everyone is entitled to some bizarre interest (bizarre to everyone else) ... Though most people think it's an interesting interest, I've been given grief by some for studying Lojban. I know what it sounds like to some people when I try to describe it, but I don't care because I can appreciate it for what it is even if others cannot. ... I think I will make a post about it, actually Smile
Who cares?
Meh, I, personally, think that MLP is dumb, but I cannot complain that you like it because I simply adore the powerpuff girls (best, show, evah)
I like to troll bronies, which I will not describe further or post anywhere near here.

If you're worried about being weird for watching a children's show, I still watch older episodes of the Power Rangers from time to time...
allynfolksjr wrote:
Who cares?
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new

Why are you so hung up on what other people think about it, and wanting other people to know? It's almost like you're wearing it like a badge of honor, and that's just kinda silly. I still watch children's shows sometimes (I've watched all of iCarly and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends), there's nothing to be ashamed of or proud of with it, you're just doing something you enjoy doing. The only opinion worth having on the matter, outside of apathy, is "hey, I like X too, let's enjoy it together as friends". Why would you be uncomfortable that no one asks you questions about it or talks to you about it? It seems like in an idea world, that's exactly what we would want from people: to just leave us alone and let us enjoy what we want to enjoy.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Who cares?

^ My opinion. Does it really matter?
I am also a brony as you may tell from my username. And not all of us go on the internet and post millions of pictures of ponies. Most of us just watch the show and discuss it with other bronies. But trolls come in hand in hand. I mean, why would you watch a show made for little girls? I thought that at first. Also, I didn't expect this topic to appear on this forums Razz
I think it's nice that bronies are about being more tolerant and peaceful on the internet, as opposed to the vast percentage of users who do their best to troll and hate as much as possible. I don't think it's overly effeminate or something; I think it says more about the beholder than the brony if someone is uncomfortable with the concept. I am not a brony, nor do I think I would be particularly interested in the show (to be fair, I haven't watched it), but I see no harm in people trying to be nicer and friendlier. Razz
moot gave a lecture in my network theory class a few days ago, and someone actually asked him about bronies. Apparently at one point he received thousands of complaints from them, and remarked (paraphrased) "of all things to get pissed off about on 4chan, you guys are complaining about ponies."
That sounds about right to me. Smile It's a bit off-topic, but did you experience moot as the arrogant, self-impressed sort of person I've previously heard him characterized as? Anyway, there are certainly things on 4chan that a million times worse than ponies. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
That sounds about right to me. Smile It's a bit off-topic, but did you experience moot as the arrogant, self-impressed sort of person I've previously heard him characterized as? Anyway, there are certainly things on 4chan that a million times worse than ponies. Razz
His TED talk certainly didn't make him seem like that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours