Last year, we had a spirited discussion about the 2010 ticalc.org POTY, in which Doors CS 7 was nominated but unfortunately unsuccessful; I hope we can have as spirited a discussion this year! As you may know, ticalc.org holds an annual Program of the Year competition, picking the best of the year's programs in categories such as TI-83+/84+ programs, TI-89/92 programs, and computer/web programs. This evening they posted the first of the year's categories, the TI-83+/84+ programs. This year's contestants:

:: Cerzus69's Benumbered (ticalc.org article, also featured here)
:: The Crabcake ASM library (ticalc.org article)
:: Devrays, a shmup (ticalc.org article)
:: Exodus (ticalc.org article)
:: My own Gossamer web browser (ticalc.org article)
:: Grammer (ticalc.org article)
:: (Also my) Obliterate tanks game (ticalc.org article)
:: Zedd Physics Library (ticalc.org article)

Of course, I'd love for you to vote for Obliterate, Sandpaper, or even Benumbered, but all of the entries are impressive projects, so good luck to all of the authors!

:: TI-83+/84+ Category: ticalc.org POTY 2011
I'll probably vote for Obliterate, though I wish I could vote more than once since I like Gossamer as well. It seems that this year's POTY is less of an "Omnimaga vs. Cemetech" thing, so that's a good thing.
souvik1997 wrote:
I'll probably vote for Obliterate, though I wish I could vote more than once since I like Gossamer as well. It seems that this year's POTY is less of an "Omnimaga vs. Cemetech" thing, so that's a good thing.
Indeed. I was shocked actually that someone accused me of being anti-Axe only because Axe beat out Doors CS last year because the larger userbase of Omni was voting Axe versus the smaller active Cemetech userbase voting Doors CS; I had completely forgotten about it until they reminded me. Laughing I agree that it seems like less of an antagonistic line-up this year. I also voted for Obliterate, since it was a technically much harder feat for me, but Gossamer was a decent amount of work too.
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
Indeed. I was shocked actually that someone accused me of being anti-Axe only because Axe beat out Doors CS last year because the larger userbase of Omni was voting Axe versus the smaller active Cemetech userbase voting Doors CS; I had completely forgotten about it until they reminded me. 0x5 I agree that it seems like less of an antagonistic line-up this year. I also voted for Obliterate, since it was a technically much harder feat for me, but Gossamer was a decent amount of work too.
Lol, it sounds like Omnimaga and Cemetech are competing political parties...

Man, I wish Doors or Axe was featured this year instead of last; it would have made each year's POTY so much easier to vote for, and they both really should have won.
ZTrumpet, I wish so too, that would have been a lot better. Perhaps I can finally finish Doors CS 7.2 with its improved gCn features before next December rolls around so that both big projects can have the distinction of nice little POTYs. Wink
Very hard choices there, Kerm. I would have to say I will vote for Gossamer, due to it's sheer awesomeness and usefulness!
I voted for Grammer, since it was the language I loved since it came out. Very Happy
qazz42 wrote:
Very hard choices there, Kerm. I would have to say I will vote for Gossamer, due to it's sheer awesomeness and usefulness!
Thank you, I appreciate it. Smile Yeong, you have indeed been quite the prolific Grammer author, so that's a wise choice.
*bump* I hope that everyone is voting for POTY! There are a lot of worthy projects out there this year, and no matter whom or what you vote for, your voice deserves to be heard.
Might as well admit I voted for Gossamer Smile hope it wins!
Thanks Ashbad. Smile Anyway, if you didn't vote yet in the TI-83+/84+ category, you've forever missed your change. They've moved on to the TI-89 POTY category. There are only two contestants this year:

:: Myst 89 (ticalc.org news article)
:: Trapped for TI-89 (ticalc.org news article)

It's too bad there haven't been too many big TI-89 projects released in the past few years, but best of luck to these two!
well, looks like I'm voting for Trapped, for the TI-89 category, in that case.
qazz42 wrote:
well, looks like I'm voting for Trapped, for the TI-89 category, in that case.
What inspired you to that decision, Qazz?
*bump* The PC category is up, including globalCALCnet, Luna, and nCubate! Be sure to visit http://www.ticalc.org and vote in the last 2011 POTY poll!
Ah, you mentioned it in #cemetech earlier, I was sure to vote for nCubate Wink

But seriously, vote for gCn.
qazz42 wrote:
Ah, you mentioned it in #cemetech earlier, I was sure to vote for nCubate Wink

But seriously, vote for gCn.
You flatter me, good sir. Wink They're all very strong projects, although I would of course be happy to have a POTY project. Wink
*bump* Don't forget to vote! Poll closes in two days, at which point all of the 2011 ticalc.org POTY winners will be announced.
*triple bump, going for the 4x combo!* Last day to vote in POTY!
KermMartian wrote:
*triple bump, going for the 4x combo!* Last day to vote in POTY!

le combo kill

What did everyone else vote for? For PC, I voted gCn.
For the computer section, I voted for gCn as well. I forgot to vote in the TI-89 category, though. :/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours