I use Omnicalc to make music, and I try to run it through DoorsCS7 and it does nothing. I figured out that the two’s hooks aren’t compatible nand cancel each other.. I use the play( hook and it does not work so I have to run Omnicalc every time I try to listen. Help?
Dapianokid wrote:
I use Omnicalc to make music, and I try to run it through DoorsCS7 and it does nothing. I figured out that the two’s hooks aren’t compatible nand cancel each other.. I use the play( hook and it does not work so I have to run Omnicalc every time I try to listen. Help?
An excellent question indeed. I had been fairly certain that Doors CS supported some sort of sound playing function, even Omnicalc's, via the third-party hybrid BASIC libraries it supports. I'm surprised to see that I did not include the play() function, but I would be willing to try to fit it in as a third supported Omnicalc function.
KermMartian wrote:
I'm surprised to see that I did not include the play() function, [...].
I requested it once.... Razz
I cannot use the play function in AXE basic, what a shame. Being as musical as I am, I have made most of the songs I have almost sound as if I am doing two and even three notes simultaneously. With the speed of AXE.. That’d be much more malleable. Is there any way to speed up the play() functions tempo and note length?
I need a functions list for AXE basic. I need to know the BASIC equivalents like how to make a randInt(1,62->X function work in axe.
If you want to do simultaneous notes, you're better off using ASM. Benryves developed a fast, reliable routine to do quadraphonic music, which you could easily even use from a BASIC program using Celtic III/Doors CS's routines to execute inline ASM. But if someone could find me the spec for the play() routine, I can try to implement it in Doors CS.
Kerm, I have run into a few Doors bugs now. If I archive the offscrpt appvar for doors, it does not work. If I use things like selftest or anything that may clear my ram indirectly it deletes the FLDSV7 appvar.
Those are not bugs. If you delete the OFFSCRIPT, of course it's not going to launch on start. If you use selftest, which clears your *archive*, of course it deletes the FLDSV7 appvar.
KermMartian wrote:
Those are not bugs. If you delete the OFFSCRIPT, of course it's not going to launch on start. If you use selftest, which clears your *archive*, of course it deletes the FLDSV7 appvar.

The selftest from Mode-Alpha-S doesn't clear your archive, and I assume he used that selftest.
Edit: @Dapiano: There is absolutely no way the Mode-Alpha-S selftest could have deleted the FLDSV7 appvar, unless you unarchived it.
And since he said he was messing around with archiving and unarchiving things for some reason, I could easily believe he unarchived the FLDSV7 appvar. Not to sound frustrated or harsh, Dapianokid, you're still a cool dude, but the FLDSV7 and DCS7b AppVars are archived specifically so that if there's a RAM clear, Doors CS can recover settings and the folder structure.
Not harsh, just silly and not bright of me. :p. Although, the Mode-Alpha-S is what I used... I could just as easily believe that I didn’t unarchive it. allow me to try.

Not that I was going against Kerm, he’s a genius... But he is right:p No problems there...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours