comicIDIOT wrote:
I should have blacked out C6M to some degree.

Don't worry. I don't think anyone uses it.
Haha. I do t think anyone on a mobile device has any choice unless they can fake the device identity within their browser or device settings (or the device isn't in the list).
comicIDIOT wrote:
Haha. I do t think anyone on a mobile device has any choice unless they can fake the device identity within their browser or device settings (or the device isn't in the list).

Just tried it on my Galaxy Nexus: I can go to the browser menu and request the desktop site. Works fine. Of course, the theme should allow me to request the desktop site without faking a UA string, but that's just my opinion.
They've been talking about this on the news all day now. It's like we're in another dimension or something. 0.o
allynfolksjr wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Just tried it on my Galaxy Nexus: I can go to the browser menu and request the desktop site. Works fine. Of course, the theme should allow me to request the desktop site without faking a UA string, but that's just my opinion.

Nobody listened to me when I said it should be a real re-write eliminating tables and making use of @media handheld rules.
elfprince13 wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Nobody listened to me when I said it should be a real re-write eliminating tables and making use of @media handheld rules.
Yup, totally was us ignoring you rather than having negative free time. Wink
KermMartian wrote:

There was enough free-time to actually make a new template Wink

DShiznit wrote:
They've been talking about this on the news all day now. It's like we're in another dimension or something. 0.o

I'm tempted to -p-u-m-p---m-y---f-i-s-t- wiggle my fingers for Nerd Power.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

There was enough free-time to actually make a new template Wink

Quite so. I'm afraid there's little I'm familiar with to make this happen on my own. But, that is discussion for the appropriate topic.

The only site I regularly visit, http://wimp.com, did a full-size black out. All my other common sites either did a banner or nothing at all.

Because we're Doctor Who nerds too:

This is bad.
It gets funnier as it gets worse, c.f:

I'm unsure if this is related to SOPA/PIPA and I'm sure a lot of people know about this already, but Feds shutted down Megaupload for piracy now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16642369

I wonder if this was in response to the SOPA/PIPA blackout and the government intended to send a message saying that we won't have the last word?

(Btw I kinda liked that website to share files, aside from the 45 second waiting time for downloads. At least, unlike a bunch of others the site worked and did not have 20 downloads buttons where 19 of them were actually ads. The only other site I usually used for such purpose was Mediafire)
DJ_O wrote:
I'm unsure if this is related to SOPA/PIPA and I'm sure a lot of people know about this already, but Feds shutted down Megaupload for piracy now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16642369

I wonder if this was in response to the SOPA/PIPA blackout and the government intended to send a message saying that we won't have the last word?

(Btw I kinda liked that website to share files, aside from the 45 second waiting time for downloads. At least, unlike a bunch of others the site worked and did not have 20 downloads buttons where 19 of them were actually ads. The only other site I usually used for such purpose was Mediafire)

*ahem*

http://109.236.83.66/

Just got this:

Quote:
Ashbad,

Wow. We just won.

From the Associated Press:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he was postponing a test vote set for Tuesday "in light of recent events."

So, in other words, because of all of us. Absolutely amazing.

Demand Progress has been fighting this legislation for more than a year -- having grown from nothing to over one million members during that period.

We rely on those members to fund our (2-person) operation -- are you able to help out?

Please click here if you're able to chip in 5, 10, or 20 bucks so we can keep on fighting for Internet freedom.

Even the Motion Picture Association's Chris Dodd is awed by what just happened. Here's what he said yesterday:

“This is altogether a new effect,” Mr. Dodd said, comparing the online movement to the Arab Spring. He could not remember seeing “an effort that was moving with this degree of support change this dramatically” in the last four decades, he added.

Thanks so much for your work on this. Will you consider a donation to Demand Progress so we can keep up the fight the next time the Internet comes under attack?

Please click here if you're able to chip in 5, 10, or 20 bucks so we can keep on pushing for Internet freedom, civil rights, and civil liberties.

You're amazing.

-Demand Progress
I got the same email.
Ashbad wrote:
Just got this:

Quote:
Ashbad,
Wow. We just won.
[...]

It would be a bad idea to let our guard down. As long as MPAA, et. al. have money, they're not going to give up destroying our rights. It won't be over until we find a way to attack the underlying problem from its roots.

http://www.marco.org/2012/01/20/the-next-sopa
^ Some good points
Travis wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
Just got this:

Quote:
Ashbad,
Wow. We just won.
[...]

It would be a bad idea to let our guard down. As long as MPAA, et. al. have money, they're not going to give up destroying our rights. It won't be over until we find a way to attack the underlying problem from its roots.

Well its roots are the capitalistic necessity of preserving and expanding wealth(and thus power) by any means, so...

While most of the media has done a piss-poor job of covering this(Bill Maher was particularly disappointing last night), I felt Andrea Mitchell asked exactly the right question here:

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/andrea-mitchell-reports/46074225#46074225

The dude weaseled his way out and didn't really answer it, but it was the right question to ask nonetheless.
*bump*

saw this on the Orange Block, made a lot of sense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc&feature=player_embedded
There's been a petition created demanding an investigation of MPAA bribery in Congress. If you're tired of the US being a country where those with the most money get their way, I recommend signing it.
It won't let me sign. I made an account, verified it, created a password, and I signed in again, but the "sign petition" button is still grayed out.
Is that an IP for megaupload? It doesn't work Razz

Anyway, DJ, that is under current copyright law. MegaUpload had plenty of reasons to be shut down since it was an american-hosted site violating american copyrights, therefore it fell under US jurisdiction and was fined for copyright infringement.

I didn't use megaupload for piracy. What I downloaded from there was legit 99% of the time. D:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours