Which cover?
Cover 1 (blue-dressed female)
 9%  [ 3 ]
Cover 2 (male)
 63%  [ 21 ]
Cover 3 (tall-hat female)
 27%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 33

comic, I agree, I have this great C# book I picked up from the library, but at first I thought it would stink because it had a peacock as it's cover.... turned out to be it was actually pretty good.
Qazz42, ah, I guess you weren't previously familiar with the O'Reilly covers, then. Smile I'm interested to see that Cover 3 is now second to Cover 2 by only a single vote. I'm still waiting to hear back about my question; I'll let you know when a response arrives.
Maybe I'm a sexist, but I look at the guy in cover 2 and I see a TI-83 Plus. The person on the right reminds me of a TI-84 Plus. Don't ask me why—it just seems that way to me.
I think that the first lady looks too sour, and the second lady looks to depressing.
qazz42 wrote:
I think that the first lady looks too sour, and the second lady looks to depressing.
Yeah, those are my thoughts, too. Well put. The first lady just seems grumpy.
I voted for the first one. Mostly because there is a female on the cover. This would help attract more females into the programming community. Also I prefer blue because it is a calming color; while programming can be stressful its true purpose should be to calm you down. It should be more than a job, but a hobby. If you get paid to do it that is just a bonus.
merthsoft wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Yeah, those are my thoughts, too. Well put. The first lady just seems grumpy.

Hmm, I actually thought she looked fine and quite colorful, but it just seems that the 2nd and 3rd covers have people on them that seem more sophisticated and likely to be mathematicians or programmers; the first guy looks like a proper and gentlemanly mathematician, and the second lady looks, of course, looks like Ada. I'm also torn between the two, like Kerm, though I leaned towards the man in my vote. If I had decided not to vote due to my split of decision right now, they'd be tied. In fact, to show my view better, I might just take my vote back for now until I lean towards one of the covers more.

EDIT: nevermind Rolling Eyes forgot I can't retract my vote. Just pretend the man has one less than he really does.
Kerm, did you include the people who just said something in here and haven't voted in the poll? If not, add one for the third for me Wink
_player, duly noted. Smile Thanks for all the feedback, everyone, you're being very helpful. I'm still waiting to hear back about the possibility of a TI-83+ or TI-84+ on the cover.
What about a DaVinci-style sketch of a TI graphing calculator?
DShiznit wrote:

Actually, I like that idea a lot. That would just look pretty cool, and would likely attract a lot more programmers and students.
DShiznit wrote:
'

that would be excellent, especially if you add numbers and letters in the background, perhaps like binary code.
Ashbad wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Actually, I like that idea a lot. That would just look pretty cool, and would likely attract a lot more programmers and students.
Oh snap, that sounds amazing. Can someone please poke me to work on that today and see if I can have something to send my publisher this evening, since I still haven't heard back from them?
*bump* About three hours of work, and I have this to show. Luckily even if the concept gets rejected, I have my nice vector work for the keypad for diagrams:

I think if you had the lighter calcs at angles behind it like how the arms and legs of the davinci drawing are I think it would look even cooler, though that might make it too cluttered.
Get out of my head, Jon. I was just thinking the exact same thing! I'll try it and see how it looks.
I'm not 100% on that idea. I like the current cover though. Also, is this a book for BASIC? You should state that, and add fading lines of code, which I think was suggested earlier.
So it was; I had forgotten about the suggestion. Where do you think a good place for the code might be? I'll post up the angled calc cover for comparison in a moment.

Edit: I like it! Sorry about the watermark text. I worked too hard on this for it to get stolen.

Oh wow, Kerm. I like it a lot! It's actually pretty hilarious. I think you should go with that design. I don't think you'd need permission from TI to use a diagram-like image of a TI-83+, especially if you created it yourself.

Oh, this book is for TI-BASIC?
Amazing. Use it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours