Kllrnohj wrote:
Google is currently curb-stomping iPhone's face, so clearly your conditionals are false.

You have a funny way of implying Android vs iOS.
comicIDIOT wrote:

That would be because your grasp of the English language is flaky at best. You seem to be missing the "comprehension" part of "reading comprehension."

(hint, I wasn't implying Android vs. iOS, I meant exactly what I said)
Let's avoid a flame war, ok?
APPLE SUCS BRAH.

buttsfredkin wrote:

But I love this thread! Very Happy
buttsfredkin wrote:

I hope you don't think you'll stop kllrnohj by saying that -- when he gets started, you can't stop him *that* easily. With that being said, yeah, this conversation is getting pretty strong.
you won't stop him unless you comply to what he says.

Quote:

If only one could sell arms for a flame war, then every Cemetechian would be rich!
No, I think we'd be all be dead.

Kllrnohj wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

(hint, I wasn't implying Android vs. iOS, I meant exactly what I said)

Quote:
Quote:
It's a good thing I'm not making an Android to iOS correlation, but rather Google Handset Devices to Apple Handset Devices.

Everyone, including myself, has stuck to Android vs. iOS.

Waaait. So you did mean Google Handsets (e.g.. Nexus) vs iPhone?
I believe he was comparing all iPhones currently on the market(a grand total of 1, maybe 2 or 3 if they still sell older models) with all Android phones currently on the market(which is hundreds).
DShiznit wrote:
I believe he was comparing all iPhones currently on the market(a grand total of 1, maybe 2 or 3 if they still sell older models) with all Android phones currently on the market(which is hundreds).

Which would not be a fair comparison. By any means. For sake of comparison you can't put a few phones against hundreds. Each phone has to be against one phone. It could be iPhone 3G (Second Gen) vs the Nexus Prime or the iPhone 4s (Fifth Gen) vs the Nexus Prime.

Of course Android Enabled Phones outsell iPhones as a collective. It's a no-brainer. I've continually admitted that *Android* is dominating iOS, but Google (nor HTC & Samsung) is not dominating the iPhone on a one-to-one device-sold basis.
comicIDIOT wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

Which would not be a fair comparison. By any means. For sake of comparison you can't put a few phones against hundreds. Each phone has to be against one phone. It could be iPhone 3G (Second Gen) vs the Nexus Prime or the iPhone 4s (Fifth Gen) vs the Nexus Prime.

Of course Android Enabled Phones outsell iPhones as a collective. It's a no-brainer. I've continually admitted that *Android* is dominating iOS, but Google (nor HTC & Samsung) is not dominating the iPhone on a one-to-one device-sold basis.

That would be like R. Kelly asking the prosecution to throw out all their evidence because it's not fair to compare lots of pictures and videos to the word of a single man.
That analogy doesn't even work.
Yes it does. He wasn't talking about sales rates, he was talking about which is actually *better*
comicIDIOT wrote:

Nor does your logic of "No you can't compare all iPhones will all Google phones there's too many we can't win that's not fair!!!"
DShiznit wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

Nor does your logic of "No you can't compare all iPhones will all Google phones there's too many we can't win that's not fair!!!"

This must be bizarro land, because I'm actually agreeing with DShiznit.
DShiznit wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

I'm only comparing sales, not hardware. So I shouldnt be making sense, as your applying my logic wrong.
But see, you were complaining about his analogy, which was talking about hardware. Therefore, his analogy does work.
comicIDIOT wrote:
DShiznit wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

I'm only comparing sales, not hardware. So I shouldnt be making sense, as your applying my logic wrong.
Except google gets a peice of everyone of those non Google branded hardware sales, thanks to the market and Adsense, so yes Google is stomping the iPhone hardcore. The only case where that isn't true is if Amazon's forked Android starts to take hold with the handset makers. Google allows for choices, Apple does not, consumers want choice and thus Google is continuing to win. Yes they make less per phone than Apple does, but in the long run it doesn't matter.
TheStorm wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Except google gets a peice of everyone of those non Google branded hardware sales, thanks to the market and Adsense

I fail to see this correlation. Wouldn't that be App sales and Ad Clicks not phone sales?
Well, yes, but it's effectively the same thing: Someone sells a device with android and google makes money.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours