Ive started a 3d maze engine, could probably be used for other stuff...its in Basic and is mad fast....what do you think?
How bout some screenies?
if you pull it off, it'll be sweet
You could always just use the UT2 engine...it's essentially a 3D maze engine with hawt gfx + item pickups. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
You could always just use the UT2 engine...it's essentially a 3D maze engine with hawt gfx + item pickups. Smile

but Im doing it from scratch for fun Smile

anyway, I've got rendering essentially done in 80 minutes of work, except for some problems with the details 3 hallways down....Ill post a screeny if I can....Dad confiscated my calc, for programming during assigened clean up time ( Mad )
When are you supposed to get it back. Sad
heeehee got it back.....
Shock That looks good!
hmm, might be tempted to put that in my RPG for some levels
Not bad...just keep in mind that if you have some extra processing power left over, it looks more realistic to vanish along y=x^2, not y=x. Smile
Well it renders in under half a second on my 84+SE, but Im redoing it so it will render rooms properly, and not just hallways Smile
Hehe...good luck with that. How big is it so far?
well it was at 453 bytes, but I was playing with my new USB 5-in-1 cable that I got for Christmas, and usbdrv8x reset my RAM....Sad oh well, Im spending 4 hours in the car tomorrow, so I should be able to redo it then, and it wasn't the bi either....pretty much a series of If-Then-Line()-Else-Line()-End
Gar, hate when that happens. Good luck Rebuilding it.
done with the renderer, and it can render any 3*3 section of a matrix correctly as long as the place where you are standing is empty

1Y1

the Y represents where you are and has to be 0. next thing Im doing is adding navigation

renders between .2 and 1.2 seconds depending on complexity of rendering
/me requests new screenshots.
KermMartian wrote:
/me requests new screenshots.

/me plans to post new screen shots when I get home to my link cable

I have implemented moving around too, but its not that great cause Im having trouble with turning
what do you think?
http://rancidmoose.freespaces.com/maze3d.zip
No pix no clix, as the blocklanders say. Smile
there's pix in the zipz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours