Hello all, I was wondering if anybody here plays or has played
"Ogame".
If not you should give it a try. You own a planet and your metal mine and crystal mines produce your resources. You can upgrade your mines, build ship yards, create fleets of ships, colonize new planets, and destroy other players. It's a play over time game, so you play for a few minutes, let your resources build up for a few hours while your off, and come back and do more building.
If you join make sure you join here;
"Ogame.us"
Join under the "Draco" Galaxy, so you can be in my alliance ;D
So it is alot like lord of ultima then.
sounds cool, I already registered. 0rac343 (note: its a zero not an O)
sweet 0rac343, I'll invite you to the alliance Wink
My username is Booocubs

EDIT: Aes, I've never played that one D:
In what way is this game different in concept or execution from the massively-multiplayer game Eve Online?
joshie. You can try it here.

Maybe I will try OGAME.
joshie75 wrote:
Hello all, I was wondering if anybody here plays or has played
"Ogame".
It's a play over time game, so you play for a few minutes, let your resources build up for a few hours while your off, and come back and do more building.

Meh, I played a game like that once or twice. I never had enough time to be very efficient with it.
Ok joshie I joined OGAME. How can I be in your alliance??
I'm going to give that game a try tomorrow, Aes Smile
and you can join my alliance by clicking "search"
Alliance name: Crete Side Mafia
Alliance tag: FBGM
Click "Apply"
and I'll accept right away Smile
did you make sure to sign up on the US site and in the Draco Universe?

Kerm, I don't believe I have tried Eve online either. Quick description? Smile
I am on draco. I am in US so it should be.
Ok, Just look for the alliance stated above, and you're in! Smile
KermMartian wrote:
In what way is this game different in concept or execution from the massively-multiplayer game Eve Online?
This is closer to the sorts of purportedly 'social' games than EVE.

While EVE is played in real-time and has a proper tactical layer to complement the broader strategic level of play, this is purely played at a strategic level, where the outcome of everything can be known beforehand, given sufficient knowledge of the situation- the game hides data from you as a player more readily to compensate.

Never mind that you have more options than just playing warlord in EVE, while the only appeal to this one is if you want to control a not-so-vast empire in a zero-sum game.

Oh, can you tell I don't think much of ogame? Razz
joshie75 wrote:

Kerm, I don't believe I have tried Eve online either. Quick description? Smile
Joshie: http://www.eveonline.com/

Tari: I can tell that quite a bit. Wink It doesn't sound much like something I would play, but that doesn't mean it's not good.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours