First of all: screenshot

MUSEINC is the program that lets you make Axe music making easier!
It's currently in Beta right now, so not all the features are implemented.
You can download the beta version here:
http://cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/MUSEINC_BETA.zip
That seems pretty useful, thanks for sharing that. Would it be possible to display notes on a standard musical staff, instead of stuff like "C3" and "D4"?
souvik1997 wrote:
That seems pretty useful, thanks for sharing that. Would it be possible to display notes on a standard musical staff, instead of stuff like "C3" and "D4"?

I actually think that notation is a lot easier to work with for small-time music tracking like this -- most trackers use the "NoteOctave" format, so IMHO it only makes sense that he uses it.

Also, Yeong, that layout looks rather nice; hence, I am rather impressed. Nice work! Smile
souvik1997 wrote:

I wish I could, but it takes more space than it needs so I picked more efficient way. I'll add a previewing music later so wait until then. Wink
I wonder if you could build an on-calc generator for quad-channel mobileTunes3 songs. That wouldn't actually be too hard of a task, but unfortunately no one has done it yet.
Does it requires z80 assembly? if it does, I can't since I don't know any asm :\
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
Does it requires z80 assembly? if it does, I can't since I don't know any asm :\
Sort of, but you don't really need to go through the ASM. You basically pack five bytes indicating note, note, note, note, duration for the four channels per a single note, and add a simple byte-formatted header on the front. If you're making Axe programs that are single channel, I see no reason why you couldn't output mT3 songs as well. And I forgot to say that this looks awesome, by the way!
Very good work. Smile I haven't seen any other tracker-like programs since I started working on one many years ago so it's nice to see someone finally putting one together.

Note that for QuadPlayer (or derived format *cough*) songs it's best to break the song into various patterns (e.g. verse, chorus) that are then assembled together into the final song. Would you offer such functionality in your music editor?
Shock
I just realised that the screenshot is the old one D:
I'll post the new one (faster exporting) soon.
EDIT:
benryves wrote:
Very good work. Smile I haven't seen any other tracker-like programs since I started working on one many years ago so it's nice to see someone finally putting one together.

Note that for QuadPlayer (or derived format *cough*) songs it's best to break the song into various patterns (e.g. verse, chorus) that are then assembled together into the final song. Would you offer such functionality in your music editor?

What I'm trying to figure out is how to play multiple notes with Axe D:
Awesome. This looks pretty cool, and pretty user friendly. Lovely.
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
What I'm trying to figure out is how to play multiple notes with Axe D:

Axe's native music routines are far too primitive to really do that efficiently. Quigibo has a method of doing so that quickly rolls chords in a way that makes it sound somewhat close to actual different channels (or what MT3 achieves, for that matter), but orchestrating that into your tracker will make playback of the non-"compiled" song much longer of a wait -- you'll have to have the tracker interweave the notes before each play in a way so that playback is somewhat smooth.

A MT3 music tracker would be a fun project for me, but I think I'll get yelled at if I drop Doorbell and start an on-calc tracker, so at this point I won't consider it. Razz
You would indeed, Ashbad, so I recommend that Yeong tackle it instead and make Quadplayer/MT3 quad-channel music. BenRyves, you are indeed my hero for making the quadplay format and music-playing routines in the first place. Smile
UPDATE
Now MuseInc will support different format Very Happy

Instead of
Freq(ºC3,ºQR)

It will be like
PM(ºCN,3,ºQR).

Where ºCN is the note (ºCS for C sharp)
3 is the octave
and ºQR is still a tempo.

PM is a subroutine.

So the program format will change from

Code:

:prgmMUSEINC
:Freq(ºC4,ºSX
:whatever here

to

Code:

:prgmMUSEINC
:PM(ºCN,4,ºSX
:Whatever here
:prgmMUSERT

Very Happy

I'll update the file along with new prgmMCONVERT when I'm done editing it. XD

FYI, prgmASNDTST is executable program and prgmATEST2,prgmYSPRITE1 is a source file.
For prgmASNDTST, press Y= to toggle on the sound and press WINDOW to toggle off sound. Clear to quit
You seem to be doing well enough with this that I might recommend to you trying to dabble with z80 ASM at some point, if you're so inclined. I know we certainly have plenty of knowledgeable coders who would be interested in helping you if you take that route. Smile
Thank you for your willing to help Very Happy
I am learning z80 ASM right now, and made some simple stuffs (e.g. Battery check wahoo!)
yeongJIN_COOL wrote:
Thank you for your willing to help Very Happy
I am learning z80 ASM right now, and made some simple stuffs (e.g. Battery check wahoo!)
You should post a z80 help topic here as many, many others have, and any time you have a question, just ask away and we'll try to help. Smile Are you using the Doors CS SDK to compile?
Never used it before D:
I'm using Mimas atm.
Mimas is good for small, nostub ASM programs but if you want to expand your ASM knowledge and make larger projects you should definitely use a compiler on the computer, like Brass or Spasm. The Doors CS SDK uses Brass, and it's quite easy to set up so you should try it.
souvik1997 wrote:
Mimas is good for small, nostub ASM programs but if you want to expand your ASM knowledge and make larger projects you should definitely use a compiler on the computer, like Brass or Spasm. The Doors CS SDK uses Brass, and it's quite easy to set up so you should try it.
Thanks, Souvik. Smile Indeed, if you want to make ASM programs of any decent size, it would be good to have a computer-side development environment, and I set up the DCS SDK to try to be as easy and straightforward as possible. Smile Not to hijack your topic or anything. Wink
I better make a screenshot XP

So now, MuseInc can be used to make music for games Very Happy
Even though it will speed the game down a lot (well, you gotta wait for a notes to finish playing and skip a frame, etc)
I guess I'll call it a update.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours