» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
I would like to judge, but I don't know if you would let me, but worth a shot.
me too but i also want to enter is that posable
Souvik. I agree with the limit to the languages allowed. We should allow Visual Basic, C#, and C++.

At Spud. I totally agree.
Smile I think it would be pretty hard not to be biased when judging a contest you entered.
thanks
You can enter a category and judge another category. IIRC.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Souvik. I agree with the limit to the languages allowed. We should allow Visual Basic, C#, and C++.

At Spud. I totally agree.

And Java.
good point aes
Why has no one even mentioned the Casio Prizm? I'm seriously disappoint. Like, seriously. Neutral

This is *the* hub for Prizm programming, yet we have yet to hold a contest for it. Why not a C/Asm contest, and a separate BASIC contest?
sounds good
spud2451 wrote:
sounds good

Could you tell us what you think sounds good (in an EDIT), and use more than two words? Wink
Ashbad wrote:
Why has no one even mentioned the Casio Prizm? I'm seriously disappoint. Like, seriously. Neutral

This is *the* hub for Prizm programming, yet we have yet to hold a contest for it. Why not a C/Asm contest, and a separate BASIC contest?

I don't think there would be enough people if the contest was Prizm-only, but I think it would be a good idea to have a separate Prizm category in addition to the TI categories and the computer languages category.
I like the idea of having 2 different contests. It would help get more people involved and appeal to a wider range of participants.
souvik1997 wrote:
Ashbad wrote:

I don't think there would be enough people if the contest was Prizm-only, but I think it would be a good idea to have a separate Prizm category in addition to the TI categories and the computer languages category.

Oh, definitely not Prizm only, but it would be depressingly sad if there was no Prizm section of the contest at all.
ok that sound good 2
Ashbad, I think the reason is that so few of our members have Prizms. It'd be awfully hard for most to go and purchase one for a contest. On top of that, you can't participate *and* judge, so we may have four members with prisms (just a guess) and we need at about three judges for fairness. It's just not going to work this early on. Maybe next summer.

Just note none of this is official until the rules are posted. Don't start your programs now, as conditions and languages may change.

I'm going to make a point to post that on every page. The last thing I want is you guys thinking these rules are official, making a program only to find out it won't contain this language or be a genre-specific contest.
4 members? I'm sure it's at least double that. I mean, whatever you say boss, but it'd be disappointing (but at least then I could sill participate in the computer contest, I guess)
spud2451 corrected wrote:
OK, that sounds good too.

It helps if you don't sound like some delinquent 10-year-old who popped in from facebook to comment in this forum. I know this seems harsh, but it's the truth: people take other people more seriously if they have good spelling and grammar.
Ashbad wrote:
4 members? I'm sure it's at least double that.
It might be, but I don't have a list at hand with people who have a Prizm. All I know is that Sarah, Myself, KermM & Merth all have Prizms. I think another user was going to pick one up as well but I don't recall if they one the ebay bid or not.
souvik1997 wrote:
I like the idea of a GUI contest. Smile For computer languages, I think there should be restrictions on the languages you could use, so people don't just make something really quickly with GameMaker or a similar piece of software and enter it for the contest. Also, I volunteer to be a judge for this contest.
I agree with that. There are so many programs out there to generate code for you (both online and offline, and like Axe, but even more simplified, as in drag-and-drop–style design) that whoever finds the best software to use would have a huge advantage in making a beautiful but horribly bloated game.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours