Yes to someone who is good with code syntax this looks messy but to someone who doesn't know code syntax this looks better to them and it's easier for them to use. (this is aimed towards the coding challenged)
spud2451 wrote:
Yes to someone who is good with code syntax this looks messy but to someone who doesn't know code syntax this looks better to them and it's easier for them to use. (this is aimed towards the coding challenged)

Honestly, I think it would look crpytic to most human beings, not just programmers -- keeping related commands on the same lines looks a lot more organized and is easier to think through.
Maby it's just me then.
Well spud, it's not entirely just you. The trap you've fallen into is making a language that easier for a program to parse/look at. That is, when you design something like that and you have to write the program to read it, you have to consider what is easiest to work with (and for you, it looked like just putting them all on each line), and that quickly biases your thinking as to what is easy to read in general. This is not an uncommon phenomenon. The trick is to find the happy medium (something that looks nice to a programmer NOT having to parse it with a program, AND is easy enough for a program to analyse).

It looks like you basically slap all the data in the program one thing after the other. It would look alright if you used spaces or commas or something else to separate arguments, but then the code would all be on one line! So you used line-breaks (which certainly is easier to read in this case). I suggest that you break it up: use commas or spaces or whatever instead of new-lines, and then use something other than a new-line for each expression (otherwise you cannot put one inside the other). Use parenthesis or something.
HI everybody! development on TextScript has halted to a stop.

It started when I was going to use it after a long period of not using MS SmallBasic. When I try to open MS SmallBasic it will open, let me type a few sentences, and then stops responding. So unfortunately I cant work on it until I get this fixed. Until then I will be working on a program that will display pictures to the graph screen from 8x files.
spud2451 wrote:
HI everybody! development on TextScript has halted to a stop.
And why is that? Are you currently stuck with putting the concept or the implementation together? Can we help in some way?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours