I believe that I'm giving up Ti-Craft. If anyone wants to take over that's fine and I will give them the code happily. But it's just too much for me. I should have taken all of your advice and quit earlier not when I was half way done.
What language is it in.
spud2451 wrote:
I believe that I'm giving up Ti-Craft. If anyone wants to take over that's fine and I will give them the code happily. But it's just too much for me. I should have taken all of your advice and quit earlier not when I was half way done.

I'm glad you too it at some point, but a bit upset that you got that far before finding it out Sad Did you learn anything (code wise) from the experience, like some tricks with TI-BASIC? Smile
spud2451 wrote:
Why particularly do you feel you have to stop at this point, spud? It looked like you were doing fairly well; did you get stuck on something?
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
What language is it in.

Its in hybrid BASIC (Xlib and BASIC to be exact).
Do you want the code?

To answer Kerms question... yes I got stuck and with school and the stress of being a teen I don't have the time (I mean I do have to interact with my friends from time to time right)
Friends. What are those?? But really, You can till work on Ti Craft in your free time. Also I would like the code and a summary of what it is supposed to do. I would like to try working on it although I probably won't get very far. It would be a good learning experience. TI Craft is the Minecraft for the 84 right?

If so I might actually have to get minecraft.
spud2451 wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
What language is it in.

Its in hybrid BASIC (Xlib and BASIC to be exact).
Do you want the code?

To answer Kerms question... yes I got stuck and with school and the stress of being a teen I don't have the time (I mean I do have to interact with my friends from time to time right)

What are you stuck on/with? If you don't ask we can't help you; maybe it's something we can all help you solve. There's no need to quit something if you're half way done. School is always a priority, but I find your answer to Kerm's question amusing. "stress from being a teen". XD Thanks for lightening up my day. ( And I don't want you to take this post as offensive.)
Oh its OK 0rac I don't take offense at all. You make a very good point that you could help me and so I'll think about keeping the project. As for the code Aes you can have it if you want and if you finish it before me you're welcome to release it to the public. Just give me the credit for the idea and the code I've already made. I'll post the code later for you
Thanks for the idea and start, spud. If I did not have other obligations, I might help out more. I did think you were doing pretty well with it though; but I also think it will be good experience. I cannot tell you have many BASIC programs I've worked on and not finished, or ended up redoing or doing all over again. I've made a 3D wireframe viewer from scratch more than 3 times, and it's been better each time Smile
spud2451 wrote:
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
What language is it in.

Its in hybrid BASIC (Xlib and BASIC to be exact). Do you want the code?
You could post them into SourceCoder and share the XPI links, or you could sharing a zip, for two options to share with everyone.

Quote:
Mmm, you couldn't have been stuck for more than a few days, and it takes a few weeks to a few months at the very least to develop a piece of good, thorough software. I wouldn't say it's a good learning experience to give up already without putting a decent amount of work into it.
KermMartian wrote:
Mmm, you couldn't have been stuck for more than a few days, and it takes a few weeks to a few months at the very least to develop a piece of good, thorough software. I wouldn't say it's a good learning experience to give up already without putting a decent amount of work into it.

Trust me Kerm I've worked on this project for 12 hours strait before and combine all the hours I've worked on it and I bet you it's been at least week. But I'll still work on it from time to time and thanks for convincing me that I should still keep working on it.

R.I.P. Muffun the cat =^_^=. eaten by Aes
Well, I've worked on Doors CS for probably close to ten thousand hours over a decade, school and research projects for many many thousands of hours each, Cemetech itself for thousands of hours over many a year, etc, so if you want to create a polished product, you have to be willing to put the time and care into it. That goes with everything in life, not just software, I'd say. Smile
Really? I've been working on pokemon off and on for 6 years now. Smile No reason to stop when you've hit a wall or just don't have time.
tifreak8x wrote:
Really? I've been working on pokemon off and on for 6 years now. Smile No reason to stop when you've hit a wall or just don't have time.
^Exactly this. Perseverance and patience are musts in this field.
I've been working on a programming language and compiler since 2004. In 2005 I released a very unstable and incomplete language (Antidisassemblage) and then could not touch it for 2 years. I modified it and tossed around some ideas to improve it for about a year or so (and I DID improve it), but ultimately dumped it all to start all over again from scratch. In 2009, I coded up most of the parsing and organization aspects of a nice compiler, and then discovered that there were unclear semantics for some of the most important parts of it (embarrassing). I've spent over 2 years now hammering out the theory of it, designing and redesigning it, and reading countless articles and snippits from books about compilers and programming languages etc. Indeed, since 2004, I've read many sources and discussed and experimented with design ... I finally have a 99% clear language now, and I've coded a tiny (but solid) aspect of the compiler. However, I have a job and school and a wife as priorities, so I can only poke at it at very intermittent intervals (if at all). I am still determined to bring the best design for an OO language to TI-z80, and it will work the best way I can figure, have a crazy-smart compiler, and have every feature that I think such a language should have (polymorphic objects, pointers, function-pointers, inner functions, coroutines, etc.).

...over 7 years and still going. Perhaps I can have it complete, tested, and with expanding libraries within 8, and perhaps within 9 it will have integrated nicely into most OS's and libs etc.; but we shall see. The important thing is that I will finish it because I've been so determined for so long Smile

::cough:: http://tinyurl.com/z80opia ::cough::
i'm starting to transfer the code to my computer and i'll post it in the archives soon
Ok spud. If all else fails I can at least give you help with it. Or we can work together. I know I can't work on it till at least december. My zcontest project comes first.
I've uploaded the zip file to the archives so if Kerm has aproved it it shold be there and you could download it.
Ok thank you.
spud2451 wrote:
I've uploaded the zip file to the archives so if Kerm has aproved it it shold be there and you could download it.
I've accepted TI-Craft into the archives. And thanks for that well-capitalized and punctuated post, other than "aproved" and "shold". What browser do you use? Firefox, for example, underlines misspelled words in red for you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours