I was hesitant to do this, but it's so worth it. I can play dvds now, and the amount of hombrew games are astounding. It really opens this thing up.

wiibrew.com

Suggested apps:
wii linux
bootmii
wii64
wiisx
visualboyadvancewii
Powder
I cant hack my wii. My mom bought it for herslef for christmas and she wont let me hack it. lol. JUst dont do any update by mistake.
I'll just leave this here... http://jonimoose.net/arch/
Of course you would thestorm.

I recommend wiiero for some fun 1 on 1 in house multiplayer action. its kinda like hedgewars just real time its fun.
I hacked my wii, but wasn't very impressed by the homebrew available. The n64 emu doesn't work, and none of the media players can actually play DVDs properly(either they don't load at all, or the menus get borked). That said being able to run media from an SD card slot is AWESOME, and well worth the hack.

EDIT- I'll give your suggestions a shot though, and see what happens.
DShiznit wrote:
I hacked my wii, but wasn't very impressed by the homebrew available. The n64 emu doesn't work, and none of the media players can actually play DVDs properly(either they don't load at all, or the menus get borked). That said being able to run media from an SD card slot is AWESOME, and well worth the hack.

when did you hack your wii 0.o because the n64 emu runs nicely now and it plays dvd's just fine granted menus are still borked...
The Wii still exists?
allynfolksjr wrote:
The Wii still exists?
Remarkably, yes. $134.00 + Tax nets you the system, a controller and "nun chuck," Mario Kart Wii and a Steering Wheel for the game that the controller fits in.
allynfolksjr wrote:
The Wii still exists?

Wait until you see the WiiU.
geekboy1011 wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

when did you hack your wii 0.o because the n64 emu runs nicely now and it plays dvd's just fine granted menus are still borked...

I hacked it less than a year ago and it's been auto-updating both the homebrew channel and the WiiMC ever since. Despite this, DVDs never run consistently. Some will work, but a lot don't, and even more have menus that don't work right. As for Wii64, it fails at running my favorite games, which include Goldeneye64 and The World Is Not Enough. Then there's the issue of even when they run, it doesn't recognize input from either one of my classic controllers, so I can't even play the ones that work.
Lucas W wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
The Wii still exists?

Wait until you see the WiiU.
Oh boy, you smell! WiiU!

Haha, sorry. It's a spur of the moment bad joke. Someone, quick, make a comic about this pun!
DShiznit wrote:
Hahahahahah yes.
allynfolksjr wrote:
The Wii still exists?

Mine doesn't. I think it got fried by the huge power surge we had. And I was planning to hack it...
Spyro543 wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
The Wii still exists?

Mine doesn't. I think it got fried by the huge power surge we had. And I was planning to hack it...

Your Wii might actually be just fine, as it gets it's power from an external supply, which would be the first thing to fail in a surge. Try replacing the power supply and see if it works.
I hacked my Wii a while ago, but I never play it. Still on menu version 4.0, every single menu update I try to do fails. Lol
I have mine hacked. Hacked it yesterday actually after hearing how easy it was. I am still currently trying to find some decent homebrew software.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours