Xlib
 75%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 20

spud2451 wrote:
To answer ashbads question it will show new graphics and inventory
Excellent! Then let's get those screenshots already. Wink
OK Kerm, here they come.

"POW!"

wow, spud, I have to admit that looks awesome! What two blocks are those?

also, why the 2 different health bars? is one for armor?
the health bar thing is a glitch

the blocks are ore and dirt

or if you are talking about the the inventory those
are dirt and ore dust which you can use as wire or make different sized rods to then make other things
That looks excellent spud. Great job.
spud2451 wrote:
the health bar thing is a glitch

the blocks are ore and dirt

or if you are talking about the the inventory those
are dirt and ore dust which you can use as wire or make different sized rods to then make other things

so the dust is pretty much redstone dust then?
It almost sounds like it's a sort of cross between redstone dust and iron ingots, so that you can make wires out of iron. I think that actually makes a lot of sense, if you think about it, and that will help simplify things. Smile
that was the point and I'm too lazy to make a another item.

Thanks everyone for supporting me in this huge project (most likely the biggest I've ever made)
That looks nice (the screenshot)!
Thanks I worked hard on it.
So, if it is no bother to you, can you post about the controls of the game? Like, is there jumping. Which button builds, which destroys.

Other than that, I love where this is going, it looks pretty sweet Smile
ok here they are

up: jump/dig up

other arrow keys: move/dig

2, 4, 6, and 8: place blocks

alpha: inventory

2nd: crafting

I'll release the code to if you want. just tell me if you want me to
I'm actually quite surprised how that looks. Before I look back, is this in Axe or TI-Basic? If it's in TI-Basic, you've done really well, for how fast it is. So, I guess that next on the list of things to do is: make new blocks (sand/gravity?), crafting (?), scrolling maps, and the health bar? I noticed that you didn't show a crafting square like most are used to, am I right in that it doesn't work yet, or just wasn't featured? Would it be too much of a pain to add in an animation for placing or destroying blocks?
to answer your questions player, the crafting doesn't work yet and the animation wouldn't work because to break a block you have to walk into it to break.

to answer a question that you haven't asked yet, the reason it's so fast is because it not only uses tilemapping for the terrain but for the player. (it only uses the sprite command 2 times through the whole game. four once I add the crafting)

does that answer all your questions
Just curious, how large is the program yet?
seven programs
O-o that is quite a lot, what is the total amount of memory the files take?
idk
spud2451 wrote:
idk
Please try to respond with longer, properly-capitalized posts. To answer his question, you can go to [2nd][+][2] and add up the sizes of the subprograms that make up your project.
1702 bytes
Is that better Kerm

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours