As the topic states I;m curious about an actual AI that could control a small robot. My plans are to (hopefully) find and modify and existing A.I to run a robot that I'm in the process of building. For the A.I part of this i first thought of SIMMS since its self learning which is what i want this to do as well. In a way what would be cool is to also have it do stuff for me, like download, check RSS feeds etc. I know that part of it could be done with just a bot and no AI, but having the ability to learn for itself from the web and other sources along with it being able to control itself is my main goal. The only problem is i haven't been able to find a AI on the web that could do this without a ton of modification.
I plan to run the robot from my Arduino uno and possibly a raspberry pi (when they come out) or a panda board. I want the Arduino part to run the whole robot part, since it can do that fairly easy with all the senors and such. The other part ( whether it be a raspberry pi or something similar) to hold the AI along with anything else that it can run and control/ monitor. An idea, that i dont know if its possible, would be to have it also link back to my home server for mass data storage and to backup its DB or info or mainly just to use it for quicker learning and to be able to pull stuff off if it play, like music etc, or something to learn from.
I was researching AI's and i found a few things that might work, but im not sure of.
Leaf project The leaf project is a whole robot run by a windows computer, which i don't want, but the AI itself seems pretty cool, but i know nothing of LISP and i don't know if its possible to modify to fit my idea.
Dlife Which i found of Wikipedia seems like its almost a perfect fit to what i want, but on some pages it sounds like it would only run on certain robot platforms, but then again i might've miss-read it as i was on my phone while looking this one up.
PAL Seems like a personal assistant, which is kinda what i want, but i don't know if it would be possibly to modify it to also control a robotic platform as well.
Elefant Which i honestly didnt get a lot of time to look into and read about yet, but on the surface it looks like it could work for learning wise.

This is a long term project for me, as for one i dont know how even possible it is, and it something I've always wanted to do, and i finally have some more parts to actually build with so i thought i would pick back up my idea and see if anyone here could offer some suggestions or ideas. The thing that sparked me back into robotics is QC and i want to mimic Pintsized as much as possible. Though my robot platform will be track based and not have arms and legs. More the "personality" and some of the capabilities. I know a ton of stuff cant be done that he can do, but some of it would be pretty cool IMO to mimic.
Sorry if this is out of order and possibly not enough information about what i want to do. I'm quite tired, so feel free to ask me to clarify something if need be.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours