KermMartian wrote:
Ah, so this is what we had been discussing via AIM long ago! Looks good so far.

nope, not at all. This is follows the exact same specs as the current client and handles connections to gcn.cemetech.net the same way

the purpose of this was because i needed a way to do the backend in python and the GUI in C++, and this proved the optimal solution since it will allow for different front end GUI's with minimal programming, and maintains high flexibility. (plus, i can add to the backend without having to recompile the GUI and vice versa). Also, the python backend could be compiled as a windows service....

however, should the new system ever see the light of day, this could be adapted to it very easily.
Oh, ok. I do plan to eventually implement some kind of two-step system, so there is a strong possibility that change will be needed.
KermMartian wrote:
Oh, ok. I do plan to eventually implement some kind of two-step system, so there is a strong possibility that change will be needed.

the current server backend is a TCP server, so theres no reason it shouldn't run over the internet just fine...
Fair enough.
heh, oops, the gcnX should now actually download from here: http://kllrnohj.com/calc/node/15
Shock You're an imposter! Your image is three days old!
KermMartian wrote:
Shock You're an imposter! Your image is three days old!

your BE PHP image script is too a slow. The entire page would be loaded except for that stinking image. Just be glad i didn't use an original, non-marked copy i have Wink
It's not the script, it's the server. The script averages ~0.009 sec execution.
KermMartian wrote:
It's not the script, it's the server. The script averages ~0.009 sec execution.

meh, same thing Laughing

UPDATE: win32 port: http://kllrnohj.com/calc/node/18
Awesome. Now I need to get DCS6 underway so we'll have something to test it with.
KermMartian wrote:
Awesome. Now I need to get DCS6 underway so we'll have something to test it with.

and I need to make that libticables into a python module
Indeed. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours