Well, in case you didn't know, any idiot could copy the B1337 Logo and place it on their site...

I spoke with Kerm about this a while back, and had an idea. What if we used a PHP script (here at Cemetech) to authenticate sites that try to use the B1337 logo, and make the logo dynamic (has the date/and or time on it), so as to make faking B1337ness just that much harder. I hammered out the PHP code for such an icon... minus a few parts (IE: authentication, cuz i dont know what sort of authentication kerm would want to use)

Code:
<?php

/**
 * B1337 Authenticator/creator
 * @version $Id$
 * @copyright 2005
 */

$authentic = false // For security reasons, to keep someone from attempting to set the var through $_GET protocol, or otherwise

//Kerm's ID script would go here
if ($authentic != "true") {
     die("Bad Authentication Request");
} else {
header("Content-type: image/png");
$im     = imagecreatefrompng("images/certified.png");
   or die("Cannot Initialize new GD image stream");
$background_color = imagecolorallocate($im, 255, 255, 255);
$text_color = imagecolorallocate($im, 233, 14, 91);
imagestring($im, 1, 5, 5,  date("m.d.y"), $text_color);
imagepng($im);
imagedestroy($im);
}
?>

Take note though, the Certified logo it's based off of would have to be a PNG file, and would have to be slightly adapted to allow for the date to show... (the example i gave would print something like 12.13.2005)
I shall implement this later today.
authentication can be that you have to get a key registered for your domain, like Google Maps does, and that way if the key doesnt match the site that it's being loaded on, it will come up with something like:

Quote:
This site isnt actually run by a B1337 member, however since they want you to believe that it is the losers tried faking a secure key to load the picture. Please notify the B1337 immediately so that they can speak to the owner of this site.
right. we'll probably include some form of MD5 hash in the mix to make it more secure Smile
you should make the script also work for the apprentice logo also
2 steps ahead of you, I figured that out with alex. The same script will do both. Smile
cool, then when the apprentice becomes elite, the logo would be changed automatically
Eeeexactly. I'm gonna write this as soon as I finish writing Yahtzee in C.
sounds like someone has their priorities Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Eeeexactly. I'm gonna write this as soon as I finish writing Yahtzee in C.

yahtzee from a command line...thats gonna be the best game of 05! Rolling Eyes
alex10819 wrote:
sounds like someone has their priorities Wink

Definitely, I would prefer to pass college if possible. Smile
oh, it's a project... i thought you were doing that for fun... cuz that sounds like you...
lol...well, luckily I've done it in TI-BASIC before (of course Smile ) so it wasn't that big of a deal.
** COME GET YOUR LOGO!! **
PM me for your key
just to let you know, if you type in cemetech.net (without www) then you are an imposter, just to let you know
Thanks, Kllrnohj alerted me of that fact and I fixed it. Smile
cool. I added it to my site. Is there a place I should link it too?
If you could link it to http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite , that would be cool.
Well, you will be happy to know that BE has been accessed 88 times from my homepage so far. Very Happy

Is there anything that I should do, with this script stuff that you are talkin about?
Aye, PM me for an md5 hash key. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours