I have recently discovered why my grades were dropping, and I was not my usual self. A few weeks ago I was called down to the school cop, and was questioned like I was criminal. It was the wrong person, (of course) but we had the same first name. I had a history of PTSD in the past, and I was over that until that incedent. It turned my world upside down. I was not acting like myself. I starting ignoring my mom ( and not on purpose), My grades dropped, and I felt like the world was against me. I even dropped my youth worship team which I have been on since we have been going to that church since 2008. I only today realized that it all started with that cop indecent. Getting a D on a calculus test and an F on homework totaling for a C in the class made me look back at what went wrong. Usually I joke about things like this but from some reason I let it set in the dark and I told very few people about it. Half of this is to let it out so more people know. The other half is to help the rest of you through traumatic situations.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I only today realized that it all started with that cop indecent.
I have two things to say, you mean incident and it's a very good thing that cop wasn't indecent, he'd be looking at some charges I imagine Wink

On a darker note. It's terrible you've become a bit of a recluse as a result. Talk to your school therapist if applicable, at the very least bring it up with someone within the office who may be able to help, or who knows someone. If you have a Psych teacher you are familiar with (whether you had or have their class) ask to talk to them, though high school teachers likely teach from text books and not from degrees.
Well I am getting over it well now that i have identified the problem. I went to counseling for many years as a child. So I know how to handle things like this once I learn where the problem lies. .

now that I think on it, that was also the start of my terrible 3 week programming lull, well I am still not really out of it yet.

Also I apologize to Jonimus (TheStorm) and Merth for the stupid arguments I have started for no reason, I am not usually like that. Also to anyone else that I started arguments or that I have offended in any way.
Aes, that is horrible! They shouldn't just take you like that without double checking their information.

And as for traumatic experiences, well, pretty much all of 7th grade for me... it was bad...
My most traumatic situation would have to be when I first found out I had a brain tumor. Then the next most traumatic would be when I had a full seizure cuz of it. Then I get surgery to get it removed.
That's pretty traumatic, Spyro. Aes_, I'm very sorry to hear it; hope things are looking up for you now. That's very irresponsible of the school to call you in to talk to a police officer without making sure they had the right person; something should be done about that. Sad
I would assume that the cop was playing the role "bad cop", correct?
Well I talked to my principal , it they cant come up with a way to help me with my grades (which dropped because of that incident) then we will take legal action of some sort. If they do help me then no harm done.
Dang... I can't imagine that... that has got to be tough... really tough. All I can say is i'm sorry man.
I was debating sharing this until now, but I decided to just leave explicit person nouns out of the equation to keep it somewhat anonymous. Anyways, the other day, I was driven somewhere by a drunk driver; drunk, as in well over .08 BAC, probably closer to .15 BAC (almost double the illegal BAC level here). I think I'm lucky I'm still here, considering the drive was at least half an hour and the whole time the driver was swaying in between lanes at >75 MPH on a highway, and we almost went off the road in a large ditch twice. Not fun.
How'd they get behind the wheel and why did you choose to be in the car with them?
comicIDIOT wrote:
How'd they get behind the wheel and why did you choose to be in the car with them?

I found out once we almost went off the side of the road the first time after I had already gotten in. The said person seemed fine when I got in, and I quickly realized once this was happening that this person was highly intoxicated.

EDIT: basically, if I had known beforehand, I would never have entered that vehicle.
qazz42 wrote:
And as for traumatic experiences, well, pretty much all of 7th grade for me... it was bad...

I loved 7th grade... So many more people to talk to, so many less people who hated me...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours