Hey, what's your RPG going to be called anyway?
Update your version to the latest. I'm sure it's changed a lot since you updated it on the 1st of December.

Last time I played it, not everything worked. I couldn't get pass the sign that said "You need a sword to enter..." and there was a small circle on the right of this map, for an enemy, but whenever I put the character over the circle, battle wouldn't engage.

Sarah wrote:

Didn't get much done today, spent most of the day trying to find out how to get the sum of a series of list variables without the whole list and without having to type out List 1[1]+List 1[2]+List 1[3]+... etc
And I failed.

Don't type it all out. Use the clip function, press 2nd, clip, and then copy to the clipboard. Then paste it, and just repeat. That's the easiest way to get it done.

Or if you want to add every single value, except for the last one, just do
:(SUM List 1)-List 1[Last value]

And, there you go.
TheCloak wrote:
Hey, what's your RPG going to be called anyway?
Update your version to the latest. I'm sure it's changed a lot since you updated it on the 1st of December.

Last time I played it, not everything worked. I couldn't get pass the sign that said "You need a sword to enter..." and there was a small circle on the right of this map, for an enemy, but whenever I put the character over the circle, battle wouldn't engage.

Sarah wrote:

Didn't get much done today, spent most of the day trying to find out how to get the sum of a series of list variables without the whole list and without having to type out List 1[1]+List 1[2]+List 1[3]+... etc
And I failed.

Don't type it all out. Use the clip function, press 2nd, clip, and then copy to the clipboard. Then paste it, and just repeat. That's the easiest way to get it done.

Or if you want to add every single value, except for the last one, just do
:(SUM List 1)-List 1[Last value]

And, there you go.

Haha, sorry I've been very lazy lately! I'll get back on it soon though, I promise!

I don't remember any circles on MAP003 or MAP005. There is the treasure chest on MAP005 which is a red/yellow flashing upside down U, which initiates the first battle. I'll have to look into that to make sure the story battle is working correctly, but if it isn't, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Again, sorry for being so lazy, between school, lots of friends' birthdays, Mabinogi, and a 3DS update, I've been preoccupied with other stuff D:

I don't mean to imply I got NOTHING done over the last 10 days, just not alot. Mostly fine tuning some stuff and messing around with magic damage formulas.
I created three new programs, WAIT, BTLCLR, and NPCCLR.
They're all very small programs designed to be used like commands, I can't believe I took this long to figure out how to do it. Doing that actually saved me several kilobytes of space.
Sub programs! Very Happy
Nice job so far! And don't apologize for being lazy, everyone here understands that sometimes projects take a backseat! Keep up the great work.
Programmed all the spells today, except for one. The offensive ones all do 1 damage at the moment though, they have no damage formula.
I also made it so spells cannot be used without enough MP.
Did alot of optimizing today, then started building the first actual boss that will appear in the RPG. It's only enemy so far to feature more than two attacks, in fact it will have five. This one will be especially challenging because, while having high HP and protection, it has a move that once used a total of 10 times, will automatically kill you.
I started thinking about the actual game world and dungeons today. I realized there's absolutely no way I can fit all the maps and enemies into 60 kilobytes. What I decided to do was to has 'phases'. Each phase is a complete RPG folder identical except in map and enemy files and context in other files pertaining to the different files. I estimate each phase will be able to hold up to 50 maps/enemies.
If you're trying to go to an area of a different phase, the game will tell you which phase you will need to enter that area, and ask you if you would rather quicksave and return to that point when you change the phase, or not go there at all.
Interesting, I don't quite understand these phases yet. How big will they be? Why can't you use sub-programs for the maps? How are phases structured?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Interesting, I don't quite understand these phases yet. How big will they be? Why can't you use sub-programs for the maps? How are phases structured?

The absolute minimum size I can make a map is 400 bytes.
The phases are structured by the game world. The game world has around 260 maps not counting dungeon maps. Each phase will consist of a set of 30~45 maps depending on the number of enemies appearing among those maps. The phases will be structured so that you will have to change them as infrequently as possible, but there's only so much I can do.
Sounds like you've got this project well in hand so far Very Happy
So all in all, I'm looking at around 740 maps.
I did alot of optimization of my RPG files, I'm in the process of programming in 14 different statuses for battle. Other than the statuses, there is no new content at the moment since the last time. I'll be working on my RPG alot more since I'm back in school :p
Hooray! Optimizing is always a wonderful thing.
I remember only working on my programs while in school x) Good times.

Can't wait for updates!
comicIDIOT wrote:
I remember only working on my programs while in school x) Good times.

Can't wait for updates!
Ah, the good old days of programming in class. Smile I miss it, to some extent. Good luck on this, Sarah.
So busy with senior year and college applications. I haven't had time to touch my TI calculator except to use it for tests. Sad But it's good to see so many updates.
Any chance that this decent decent RPG for the Prizm will ever be finished? It was one of the first packages that I downloaded for my Prizm, and I'm primarily an HP(49G/50G) guy.

[EDIT]
I've tried what is available on cometech and it's quite nice and impressive for a calc that has limited BASIC resources, *ahem* given my HP calc background... (I picked up a Prizm for quicker graphing and then shortly afterwards was rewarded by a fairly impressive price drop on a 50g, so...)

neways... good work, hope to see a continuation at some point.
[/EDIT]
Welp, there seems to be no chance this will be finished, but I'll just bump this up from the dead anyways.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours