tifreak8x wrote:
ooo~ sounds like you were productive Very Happy

Hmm, damage calculations are kind of a pain to do. I used to have it just subtract strength and defense to show how much damage is done to the target, and made sure it caused at least 1 point.

For future ones, I also want to factor HP into it, the less the HP, the weaker the attacks.

My damage formula must factor in the following: STRength, Weapon constant, enemy PROTection, and enemy DEFense.

Each point of PROT reduces damage by 1%. Each point of defense reduces damage by 1, after protection does its work.

I wanted to factor in some randomness, so I have a random number selected during.

If damage is less than 1, it's set to 1, if damage is more than 9999, it's set to 9999. If it's a decimal, then it's rounded.

My current formula is:

(((STR*WEPCONSTANT)/(RanInt#(10,50)*.1))*(1-(ENMYPROT*.01)))-ENMYDEF.
Do you have any protection fatigue code? So that if protection & defense are above attack the result won't be 0 for the whole fight? Or will both of those values never be very high?
The bottom 3 lines of the damage formula program that resolve the final result:
Int Y->Y
Y< or =1=>1->Y
Y> or =9999=>9999->Y

Dunno how the get equal to or greater to signs
rather I dun feel like finding them on char map

Update after 2 Hours:
Just found a hilarious bug with one of my enemy's special attacks, it somehow gives you 942 HP each time it attacks.
I also added a buggy system that changes your HP number to red when you have less than 10 HP.
Odd indeed. Have you managed to track it down? How's the reliability on the HP color? If your HP increases over time/levels, why not when it gets below 10% or such?

Also, I've merged your two posts. We appreciate a 24 hour window between double posts Smile
Sarah: The equality/inequality operators are all in [SHIFT] [VARS] [RIGHT] [RELATNL] (the Relational menu) on the Casio Prizm calculator. Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:
Odd indeed. Have you managed to track it down? How's the reliability on the HP color? If your HP increases over time/levels, why not when it gets below 10% or such?

Also, I've merged your two posts. We appreciate a 24 hour window between double posts Smile

I tracked the bug down, apparently I forgot to readd a line of code I removed to test something.
The HP color is pretty reliable, got it fixed and displays correctly now.

KermMartian wrote:
Sarah: The equality/inequality operators are all in [SHIFT] [VARS] [RIGHT] [RELATNL] (the Relational menu) on the Casio Prizm calculator. Smile

I know where to find them on the calculator, as well as the computer, I just didn't feel like finding them on the computer xD

Today I got alot done. Revised the damage formula, fixed a bug which caused all damage to be 1, completely reimplemented Saving, with new features such as prompts asking you whether or not you want to save, and whether or not you want to continue after saving, and little banners next to each save slot that let you know if there's no data in that slot.
I added a new program which creates all the necessary lists and warns you that it will delete all current saved RPG data.
I fixed random encounters, fixed a bug with defending that caused it to subtract a different variable that it added, giving you negative protection and defense possibly, changed the HP/EXP/MP bars to have special colored characters, among alot of other things.
Very nice!

Sarah wrote:
I know where to find them on the calculator, as well as the computer, I just didn't feel like finding them on the computer xD

Sarah, below the post box when clicking "Post Reply" (or "Preview" from the quick-reply box will take you to the same page with your text preserved), will display a list of symbols below the text box. Those symbols include the symbols you desire Smile

≤≥
Saw it while I was making my last post :p
You seem to be having a problem with the Prizm and list elements at the moment? Would you care to share?

Code:
If A=1
Then {X,Y,Z,List 2[4],List 2[5],List 2[6],List 2[7],List 2[8],List 2[9],List 2[10],List 2[11],List 2[12],List 2[13],List 2[14],List 2[15],List 6[1],List 6[2],List 6[3],List 6[4],List 6[5],List 6[6],List 6[7],List 6[8],List 6[9],List 6[10],List 6[11],List 6[12],List 6[13],List 6[14],List 6[15],List 6[16],List 6[17],List 6[18],List 6[19],List 6[20],List 6[21],List 6[22],List 6[23],List 6[24],List 6[25],List 6[26],List 6[27],List 6[28],List 6[29],List 6[30],List 6[31],List 6[32],List 6[33],List 6[34],List 6[35]}->List 7
IfEnd

Gives an error immediately at the first use of "List X[Y]"
Can lists have numeric names? On the TI calculators they must have names that start with a letter. Can you reduce this to a MWE (Minimum Working Example, or in this case Minimum Broken Example)? For example:

Code:
If A=1
Then {X,Y,Z,List 2[4]->List 7
IfEnd

I'm going to assume that you know what you're doing with numeric lists, and plug this into my Prizm after I post.
Lists cannot have a letter name, I just used X and Y as substitutes for numbers.

If A=1
Then {X,Y,Z, <Breaks right here> List 2[4].....}->List 7
IfEnd
Lists with letter names work fine for me... oh no wait, List A for A=9 is actually List 9. That's amazing! That is SO EXCELLENT for us BASIC coders who could never do things like that on our TI graphing calculators. Smile Anyway, let's see...

This is quite confusing indeed. Sad My investigation continues.
Wait...
Variables work for list names..?
Since when? I already tried that I coulda swore .-.
My tale of heroes: I finally implemented the item system. All of the items have their effects, and all the items are properly displaying in battle. Magic soon to follow.
Sounds awesome Very Happy
Magic list is functioning, however only a few spells have their effects so far.
Sarah wrote:
What sort of spells work, and what else will you be adding? Do you have nifty visual effects for the spells? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Sarah wrote:
What sort of spells work, and what else will you be adding? Do you have nifty visual effects for the spells? Smile

Mainly the offensive spells work atm. I WANT to add visual effects, but since my MAGIEFCT program is pretty much a copy of my ITEMEFCT program with a different list and different effects, and seeing as to how my ITEMEFCT file is a horrifying four and a half kilobytes all by itself...
I don't really have room for such a thing Dx

Also, I still haven't touched my broken saving. I'm mad, I worked to fix it up and it's completely broken again. ;;
Surely there are programming tricks you can use to maximize code reuse and make the ITEMEFCT program do the work of the MAGIEFCT program, no? If you're not familiar with that, I'm sure we can help you with it, but I'd imagine it's a concept you've seen before.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours