I've found out that a sequel to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and Bogus Journey is soon to have a sequel after more than 20 years after the second film in the series, as shown here ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/04/bill-and-ted-3-keanu-reeves-third-film_n_844688.html ) and many other sources Smile These two original movies are some of my favorite films of all time, comparing very much so with Star Wars's original trilogy.

This is interesting to me for other reasons too: at first, the leaked news was that this film was to be made as a "remake" of the original, with Justin Bieber as main role of Ted and some other toolish child singer as bill (perhaps a Jonas Brother?), but after a large protest was signed, this idea was apparently discarded. Now, it's changed so that Keanu Reeves and Bill Winter are going to come back as "gnarly old dudes", and apparently Reeves says it's rather far into production Smile

The original plot, in case people here haven't seen it (I'm sure some have, but most haven't) will seem rather comedic for Doctor Who lovers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_&_Ted's_Excellent_Adventure
If the original cast are involved, it can't go wrong. I'm only sad George Carlin won't be around as Rufus.
This almost amuses me.

This is either going to be amazing on many levels, or crash and burn on them all.
The first time I saw Bill and Ted I'd never seen Doctor Who and didn't realize exactly how funny it was that they were traveling a la phone booth.
elfprince13 wrote:
If the original cast are involved, it can't go wrong. I'm only sad George Carlin won't be around as Rufus.

Sad RIP Rufus.
elfprince13 wrote:
The first time I saw Bill and Ted I'd never seen Doctor Who and didn't realize exactly how funny it was that they were traveling a la phone booth.

Same here. Of course their time-traveling phone booth doesn't have the spacious interior of a Tardis.
DShiznit wrote:
Same here. Of course their time-traveling phone booth doesn't have the spacious interior of a Tardis.

But the exterior form-factor is more common in this part of the world (for those of us who want to yell "look, a time machine")
DShiznit wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

I think that's what makes it even funnier Smile especially near the end when they have around 12 people in it.
This is glorious. I can't wait.
SirCmpwn wrote:
This is glorious. I can't wait.

Welcome to the club Smile I'm glad I'm not the only one eagerly waiting for this.
There have been talks of a third Bill and Ted film for years (see also: a third Ghostbusters film). I'll believe it when I see it, but until then - be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!
benryves wrote:
There have been talks of a third Bill and Ted film for years (see also: a third Ghostbusters film). I'll believe it when I see it, but until then - be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Oh yes, wasn't there a planned Direct-to-DVD version being planned for 2007? And another one in the mid 90's? Razz

However, I finally think this must be the one, if Keanu Reeves himself is both in it *and* the one leaking it Smile

Party on, my fellow B&T friend.
elfprince13 wrote:
Yes, this, exactly this! It was only when I recently re-watched the films that I got the phone booth reference. Smile I'll be interested to see what happens with this; as you guys said, it will either flop or be excellent.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Yes, this, exactly this! It was only when I recently re-watched the films that I got the phone booth reference. Smile I'll be interested to see what happens with this; as you guys said, it will either flop or be excellent.

Am I the only one that thinks this is an incredibly stupid statement? It's like saying when I reach the intersection, I'll either go right or left.
There are such things as mediocre movies.
KermMartian wrote:
it will either flop or be excellent.

I suspect it will encourage us to flop excellently to each other and party on dudes.
http://news.moviefone.com/2012/03/06/bill-and-ted-3_n_1324742.html

It ain't dead yet!
I never watched the second one. Do they ever marry those babes who were rescued from those royal ugly dudes?

Also, this will not be the same without George Carlin...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_%26_Ted_%28franchise%29#Third_film_.282013.29 wrote:
...the film would likely see a cameo by Eddie Van Halen as well as the return of popular characters Socrates and Billy the Kid from the first movie.

Excuse me, I need to change my pants now...
DShiznit wrote:
I never watched the second one. Do they ever marry those babes who were rescued from those royal ugly dudes?

WATCH IT
DShiznit wrote:

Also, this will not be the same without George Carlin...

Indeed, and indeed. We all miss rufus Sad

EDIT: and follow elfprince's advisory. The second isn't as good as the first, but it's still good.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours