Total Votes : 18

elfprince13 wrote:
wth is Mr. Pibb?

Also, Moxie++
TANTRUM
CDI wrote:
benryves wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Pop is disgusting. Don't drink that sugar-laden swill.

I thought American fizzy drinks had HFCS in them instead of sugar? Or is that just Coke?

I've never heard of Mr Pibb, but do drink Dr Pepper (or "fizzy Benylin" if you're Alan Partridge).

They ( mostly ) all use HCFS, exceptions include Pepsi and Mountain Dew "Throwback" which both use sugar. Imported bottles of Coke products, mainly from Mexico, use sugar. And a lot of small bottlers use sugar as well. And the occasional "all natural" soda will throw sugar in, in place of HCFS.
High Corn Fructose Syrup.
Kllrnohj wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Pop is disgusting.

Indeed, "pop" is disgusting. Everyone knows the correct term is "soda".

@DShiznit: If you can't afford Dr. Pepper I'm pretty sure that means you aren't in middle-class at all. Maybe upper-lower, but middle is reserved for people that can afford Dr. Pepper. So save your pennies and buy some Dr. Pepper - it'll raise your economic status. Put that on your resume, too "drinks Dr. Pepper" <- that's easily worth another $5k/year at any job.

I should have clarified that I can't afford to buy cases of it regularly. If I really wanted a Dr. Pepper I could get it, I just can't keep buying it every week.
Almost everyday at work people ask if we have Dr. Pepper, (and I swear it sounds like some of the same people too) and I am kind of glad we don't. Just one more temptation I would have to try and break. I am attempting to cut myself off of Mountain Dew, and would like to say that I believe I am doing a halfway decent job of it.
Ashbad wrote:
Too bad mountain dew throwback tastes awful Sad. It's like they *want* you to rather have the better tasting (delicious) normal variety instead -- throwback isn't very bubbly, it's way too sweet, and it's pretty bland. I had a bottle of it just a minute ago. I'm about to drink another 0x5

In my list:

MD Voltage > MD > Dr Pepper > Black Cherry Soda > Key Lime Soda > (all other soda is gross)

Edit: those healthy "Izze" sodas are pretty good too

Mtn Dew Throwback is amazing. I'm craving one now, I need to pick up a case.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
Too bad mountain dew throwback tastes awful Sad. It's like they *want* you to rather have the better tasting (delicious) normal variety instead -- throwback isn't very bubbly, it's way too sweet, and it's pretty bland. I had a bottle of it just a minute ago. I'm about to drink another 0x5

In my list:

MD Voltage > MD > Dr Pepper > Black Cherry Soda > Key Lime Soda > (all other soda is gross)

Edit: those healthy "Izze" sodas are pretty good too

Mtn Dew Throwback is amazing. I'm craving one now, I need to pick up a case.

Agreed! The throwback sodas are really good, as are the imported Coke, Orange Crush, and when you can get it, Dr Pepper with sugar in the 12oz glass bottles. It may be the whole deal, but I swear they tase a TON better.

( for a whole summer I had an imported Coke and roast beef sandwich for lunch every day )
elfprince13 wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Pop is disgusting.

Indeed, "pop" is disgusting. Everyone knows the correct term is "soda".

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new. Nikky, get off the internet you backwards west-coaster.

HEY watch it. Californian and proud, and it IS POP! Live jn NC though so noone out here knows what pop is XD but ummmm... Dr pepper throw back is awesome. Plus dr peppers have codes on the bottom for EA games exclusive content, which is in fact awesome
rcplanegy wrote:
HEY watch it. Californian and proud, and it IS POP! Live jn NC though so noone out here knows what pop is XD but ummmm... Dr pepper throw back is awesome. Plus dr peppers have codes on the bottom for EA games exclusive content, which is in fact awesome

I live in North California and everyone around here calls it soda. Then again, the people I tend to be around are smart and have an education, so...
Kllrnohj wrote:
rcplanegy wrote:

I live in North California and everyone around here calls it soda. Then again, the people I tend to be around are smart and have an education, so...

It's a surprise I manage to dress myself in the morning.
Dr Pepper is an intellectual drink for the chosen ones.
rcplanegy wrote:
Another Californian here. And, it's Soda. Every menu lists Soda. To my knowledge, Chicago is one of the few, if only, US cities were Pop dominates the vocabulary over Soda.

To stay on topic. I don't drink caffeinated beverages. Whether these are or not, I don't drink these either; I have before and wasn't particularly fond of the flavor.
comicIDIOT wrote:
rcplanegy wrote:
Another Californian here. And, it's Soda. Every menu lists Soda. To my knowledge, Chicago is one of the few, if only, US cities were Pop dominates the vocabulary over Soda.
Um, wrong:
Fascinating. I grew up in Oklahoma and tend to call it “coke”, though that's really not the best name since “Coke” also has a more specific meaning (and is a brand name).
Heh, in Texas we either call it a soft drink or soda.
souvik1997 wrote:
In your area of Texas. Texas is HUGE.
merthsoft wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

It's like that in a lot of places, though, especially cities such as Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas. In the more rural areas soft drink is used more often than soda.
merthsoft wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:

You know why Texas never complains about only being the second largest state? They're worried if they complain to loudly, Alaska will split in half, and they'll only be third.
merthsoft wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
rcplanegy wrote:
Um, wrong:

The fact that someone spent time gathering and compiling that information just to make that graph saddens my prospects for our future...
DShiznit wrote:
The fact that someone spent time gathering and compiling that information just to make that graph saddens my prospects for our future...

So does the fact that our country seems to be full of "pop-tards" Wink

*badum-ch*
Why the particular dislike the term "pop"? Is it due to it being a British English term? (Admittedly it's an extremely out-dated term in the UK, with "fizzy drink" being the most popular informal term as far as I'm aware).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours