Hey everyone. I Saw there is a forum branch just for "Your projects" but I felt this should go under General Programming, though correct me if I'm wrong.
~~~~Anyways~~~~

I am making an RPG game using C++. I'm semi familiar with C++ and have a few ideas on how I might go at coding it. The reason why I'm making this game is to give me a huge challenge, in which when I'm done, I will come out a stronger programmer.
I do not intend on doing everything by my self, which is why I came here.

I was wondering If any wants to draw up some scenery on MS Paint.
Things I need;
-Tree (evergreen)
-Tree (normal)
-Grass
-Sand
-Water
-Dirt (as in a dirt path)
Specifications;
-Each of these "sprites" will be 32x32 MS pain pixels.

I'm not trying to mooch... and i actually have most of those drawn out already.. but they look kind of kidish, as I'm not too good of an artist. I already have the weapons and characters drawn out In MS paint, as I'm better at drawing those.

If you would like to help me out, Private mesasge me.

If you contribute, I will go out of my way to make sure you are mentioned in the credits, and maybe you can take form as a character in game too, thanks so much for all of your time Smile
Sorry to be blunt, but nobody wants to help get a project started. Once you actually have something to show off, maybe then people will get involved. But you need to demonstrate that you are actually going to put in the time, effort, and technical know-how to actually get others that can truly help involved.

Until then, this is just another pipe dream that will amount to nothing.

That said, I don't think anyone would mind hearing a bit about your project. You say you are going to code it in C++, but with what libraries? What is your graphical API going to be? Is this cross-platform? What sort of gameplay are you going for?
I definitely want to hear all about the things Kllrnohj asked, but I actually wouldn't mind throwing a few silly little tiles at you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours