wow, an advanced war kind of game!
I'm looking foward to it Very Happy
zeldaking wrote:
I know this project has halted to a standstill, I am very sorry I have been slacking off on it. But I have made plans for the Beta version which shouldn't be to hard to finish with my code I have now. Thanks for being patient.
Is there anything that we can do to help it move along? Sad Are you stuck on a particular bit of code or a way to implement an idea, or just getting the motivation to continue coding it up?
Well mainly the hard part is giving each particular person on the screen a certain memory block, and when you click on it it brings you to that memory, so you know the health etc. If that didn't make sense just ask. Because I am not going to finish this in time for zContest, I am now asking for help and anyone that contributes will be listed in the program for helping.
So what I need to do:
-> When selecting a certain person, it knows what its health is
-> A title screen with sweet graphics
-> Allowing guys/vehicles to move
-> Allowing guys/vehicles to attack
-> I know there is more but I will work on them
If you want the code Pm me and I will send it to you.
6 year necro. LOL.

I am actually interested in picking this up and using some c to toss something spicey up on the ce. When I first was working on this I had no idea what I was doing in programming. Didn't even understand lists. Heh. Anyways, it'll probably be similar to what my 13 year old self was thinking, a turn based war game (think advanced war or fire emblem). Either way I'm super stoked and once I get a good c dev set up, this is probably going to get me back into coding. I know it's ambitious, but it'll be a long term side project.
Wish the original post had my screen shot gif :/
That necropost (is a necropost), though. Are you sure you don't have that screenshot saved on your hard drive somewhere? My current running hard drive contents have been accumulating since about sixth grade, so about 18 years now. Very Happy I look forward to seeing what you're able to come up with on this, and of course please bombard us with whatever C programming questions are necessary to help you bring this to (fun) fruition.
I have had several computers since this.. And sold my calc that I was originally programming this on. :/ sadly.
Going to be working on sprites in the next few days and will be posting those here.
Is the ce use 16 bit color palettes? (Not good at terminology), what I mean is the same graphics as the CSE?
The TI-84 Plus CE LCD uses RGB1555 colors internally, (that's 5 bits each of red, green, and blue). For speed, the graphics libraries all use a 256-color palette, where your pixels are each 8-bit references to one of the up to 256 colors (each RGB1555) in the palette. One possible palette imitates the xLIBCE palette on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, for example.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours