The best way to secure them in the wilderness is to have multiple tunnels, maybe one block wide. So we all don't rush out one exit into a camping party.

But inside Arcadia, the doors leading out would, ideally, be secured. Perhaps one switch that lets the user out but there's no outside switch to get in.
Kerm; We need strict building codes, cobbleboxes don't fit inside Arcadia and check who removed my trees.

We need to start making the farms soon, people are making their own farms, that just use all the space. I prefer building the farms inside that one mountain.

Editing more later ^^
ok, I set up borders for where my plot was, trying to be sure I had the right amount of space. Sometime later today, I shall go and build the house.

/me had to get some sandstone and iron, now
on evocat, if they use spout, will I still be able to have my hd texturepack, or will I be forced to use a shitty 16x texturepack?
I've used my HD Texture pack with success.
Pizzaboy wrote:
Kerm; We need strict building codes, cobbleboxes don't fit inside Arcadia and check who removed my trees.

We need to start making the farms soon, people are making their own farms, that just use all the space. I prefer building the farms inside that one mountain.

Editing more later ^^
Absolutely agreed on the building codes and the farms. Pass the word around that as of tomorrow (Sunday) night EDT, when I return to civilization from my vacation, that I will be razing anything outside people's plots that doesn't fit, and I will be strongly pressuring people to spruce up cobble boxes. I will be starting the farms soon, but the castle and the walls need to be finished first. Can you guys help me with that when you're around? Smile How are we monetarily.
Kerm, I would like to petition that I get to keep my "cobblebox" - it's the Center of Arcadian Defense, or CAD, as named by TC01. Smile I think it is fitting that a defensive tower, open the public once it's completed, should be made of cobblestone.
Beta7 wrote:
Kerm, I would like to petition that I get to keep my "cobblebox" - it's the Center of Arcadian Defense, or CAD, as named by TC01. Smile I think it is fitting that a defensive tower, open the public once it's completed, should be made of cobblestone.
Where is it? Is it on your plot? I hope it's not on one of the plots that was set aside for other purposes. Smile
Nope, it's on my plot. My plot, with the exception of selection rooms/1 whole floor for myself, will be a defensive spot for people to run to and either hide or counterattack from. I'm tired of LV whooping us because we're out in the open and/or don't have arrow-spam abilities like they do. I plan on fixing that with various defense techniques implemented in the tower.

Also, may I please be an assistant for a short while? The road in front of my house is on Dontar's plot (save for the 1 row of cobble next to my house), but I need to dig out that entire section.
I hope that if it's tall it looks nice. I will help you dig when I come back, although don't dig under the road itself; we'll be digging passages matching the roads underneath connecting into the castle.
How deep will those roads be?

Trust me, this trap will be worth putting the road a little lower Razz I just need 3+"jump skill's height" under the gravel.
Beta7 wrote:
How deep will those roads be?

Trust me, this trap will be worth putting the road a little lower Razz I just need 3+"jump skill's height" under the gravel.
Tell me more about it. I forget which plot I assigned you, to be honest, was it the one across from Dontar?
Yup. And I'm not *entirely* sure of the exact specs because I'm having issues with proper redstone torch placement (so as to not get in the way of the trap).

Essentially, there will be 3 gravel blocks across, but only on the surface. They will be held up by 3 pistons - 1 piston from Dontar's side and 2 from my side (one on my side will be sticky piston). The head of the piston will hold up the gravel, except on my side, both the piston body and the piston head will hold up gravel. Now, when I see an enemy in the section of road between our 2 houses I pull a lever, which retracts all pistons. The player will drop along with the gravel. I'm not counting on having fall damage play into this because most people that we kill, aka LV, will have safefall.

Once they are down in the pit, I pull the lever again so that they cannot high jump out; down in the pit will be either rows of dispensers (filled with arrows and set to auto spam fire once the lever is pulled) or a couple blocks of tnt (or both), set off by flipping the lever. The player will be trapped, and with enough planned timing, won't have time to /town spawn before dying. Then Dontar and myself would both have iron doors down there leading into our houses, so we could run out and pick up loot.

I know the most likely opposition to this is that it will mess up the road. However, the road will only be impassable when the trap is flung; once the pistons are sent back out, the road will be there, albeit 1 level lower in that spot.

Also, I plan on putting pistons behind my wall so that when the lever is pulled, my cobble wall for 3-4 blocks up will be pushed out, knocking players off the side of the road (if they're sneaking there to get past the gravel). I may have this as a separate lever, so as to trap 1 person in the pit, then a second when they try to work around the pit.

May I have permission to build this?
if possible (without required removal of my house), my "protection" plot needs to be shifted 4 blocks to the east, thats how much its overlapping the road.
Could my plot be extended by those 4 (not shifted so that I don't lose my back 4 rows) so I could maintain the trap (assuming Dontar is able to have his plot moved 4 blocks east).

*Edit* Oh, and until Kerm kicks me off of the unowned plot (for whatever he has planned), I've started collecting slimeballs from my slime farm. Just logged in for the first time with it active and got 22 slimeballs Very Happy
nuuu, dont leave my plot alone ;.;
Dontar and Beta7: plots have to align with chunks, which are on integer multiple of 16 coordinates, so I can't move your plots by 4, sorry. The roads are a necessary evil that everyone has to put up with. Beta7, that plot was very, very not supposed to be unowned; I don't know how that happened. I think an assistant might have accidentally taken and released it, unless I just failed to claim it in the first place. For what it's worth, slimes spawn all over the Lost City complex, so you can always hang out there to get some.
To both statements I must reply with a Sad

Is the Lost City complex in the wildy, though? I'd prefer to not log out/camp in a wildy spot, especially if others know it's a spot for slimes.
I don't think a lot of other people know. And yes, it's wilderness.

Edit: Thanks to CheeseJ3rk and TC01 (and soon Agust) for helping to dig out the farms! I'm connecting them to a staircase and the roads at the moment, then I'll start populating them. Other pending town-wide projects:

- The castle! Including town vault!
- The town hall, over and under the road at the gate, which will need an underground chest room for residents' use.
- The rest of the tops of the walls
- The underground roads mirroring the regular roads, which I started today
*bumpity bump* Arcadia is up to a fantastic 56 residents and 98 (maybe 103 by now) plots! Congratulations to us, and welcome to all our new residents, especially Torleik and his friends, and Kirk and his friends. Below please find an updated town map. Red areas are new areas just purchased, and green are areas being considered for purchasing. Please help us continue to expand and complete walls, roads, and underground roads to keep Arcadia safe. We've been doing some excellent raiding too, let's keep it up!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours