As it has apparently been called, the Cemetech Prizm SDK, or Jonimus and Tari (and Calc84's) Cemetech Prizm SDK, or even just the Prizm SDK, has been updated to version 0.2. This easy-to-use tool for Windows and Linux lets you design and compile Prizm programs in C on your computer, then load them onto your Casio Prizm calculator as simply as dragging the file to a removable disk. It includes a custom toolchain for the SH3 architecture and proper headers and system call listings put together by Jonimus with reference to work by SimonLothar, Qwerty55, and others, the mkg3a linker tool by Tari, and new bugfixes by Calc84Maniac. This version includes mkg3a 0.1e and an upgraded libfxgc with all the new syscalls from the mini SDK, as well as added other such as Bdisp_EnableColor. You can download it from either of the links below.

In other Prizm-related news, several Cemetech users have learned of an offer from Casio to get free Skinit skins for their Prizms. Mine are en route, and z80man has already received his; photos in the topic. Finally, SourceCoder 2.5's Prizm support is rolling along smoothly, with ever-expanding sets of menus transcribed for the build-in calculator keypad. Please feel free to test it with your own Prizm programs and let us know how it goes.

Downloads
PrizmSDK (tar.xz, 9MB)
PrizmSDK (tar.gz, 40MB)
PrizmSDK (zip, 40MB)

Edit: The Archives have been fixed with the new Crt0.s and Prizm.ld
Any work on a Mac OS Version? Any effort required by community members to accomplish such a feat? My only Casio Programming hinderance is not being able to compile in my current IDE, so I haven't really begun programming for it.

I should jump on that SkinIt deal, I've just been lagging at a skin idea. Also, I need to pick up the Casio BASIC Tokens again to complete SC 2.5 and Merth's Tokens IDE.
What's the difference between download one and two, besides file size?
And also features a header and default program by me Smile
Though, the default program is missing a getkey call (not my fault)!
comicIDIOT wrote:
Any work on a Mac OS Version? Any effort required by community members to accomplish such a feat? My only Casio Programming hinderance is not being able to compile in my current IDE, so I haven't really begun programming for it.

I should jump on that SkinIt deal, I've just been lagging at a skin idea. Also, I need to pick up the Casio BASIC Tokens again to complete SC 2.5 and Merth's Tokens IDE.
We would very much appreciate your help finishing the tokens list (and the menus oh please oh please! Smile ). I believe this will work on a Mac, actually.
_player1537 wrote:
What's the difference between download one and two, besides file size?

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
The file size difference it due to the type of compression used. I figured people with 7zip and slow connections may enjoy saving the over 20MB of difference LZMA2 makes over Deflate, also it looks like Kerm forgot to link to the zip for those who don't like tar.gz's though its the same size as the tar.gz due to zip also using Deflate by default.
Kerm didn't see the 0.2.zip last night, are you sure it was there? Shock
Apparently this release is missing the fixed crt0.s and prizm.ld files. A temporary fix is to download those to the /projects/common folder.
calc84maniac wrote:
Apparently this release is missing the fixed crt0.s and prizm.ld files. A temporary fix is to download those to the /projects/common folder.
Thanks for catching that, Calc84maniac. I presume Jonimus will fix it as soon as he sees that. Smile
Fixed as well as improved the compression a bit to make the download a bit smaller but there is only so much I can do and still support the built in windows zip de-compressor.
comicIDIOT wrote:
It would be doable by someone with an Intel mac I could possibly see how hard universial binaries are to build and try to do it for you.

http://wiki.osdev.org/GCC_Cross-Compiler#Step_1_-_Bootstrap is what I used to build the toolchain but using TARGET=sh3eb-elf instead of i586-elf and mkg3a is at https://bitbucket.org/tari/mkg3a/ if you want step by step instructions I could walk you through the building of the toolchain and then building a project. No matter what you'd need an xcode install that includes GCC and Make, I don't know if the newer ones have gcc or if they have moved fully to clang+llvm for C/C++/Obj-C.
I still have my MacBook and Xcode 3, my Mini has Xcode 4, however. I'll see what I can understand but I'll likely need help at some point.
A little research shows that you should have gcc either way so you should be all set there. Just follow the section of that page I linked to and you should be all set to get the toolchain setup and I can help you from there, of course ask any questions or confusions you have from that page.
This is more a knowledge-bump for other people than for myself, but what did we decide the proper arguments to Bdisp_EnableColor() were?
KermMartian wrote:
This is more a knowledge-bump for other people than for myself, but what did we decide the proper arguments to Bdisp_EnableColor() were?

EDIT: Or 0 if you want to turn it off, but I don't see why you would want to do that (unless it drains batteries less?)
JosJuice wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

EDIT: Or 0 if you want to turn it off, but I don't see why you would want to do that (unless it drains batteries less?)
Actually yes it does drain the batteries less. When 0 is passed as an argument the lcd controller is set to a low power 8 color mode. I'm not sure how signifigant the conservation is but it is enough that Renesas advertises it as a main selling point of their lcd controllers.
z80man wrote:
JosJuice wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Actually yes it does drain the batteries less. When 0 is passed as an argument the lcd controller is set to a low power 8 color mode. I'm not sure how signifigant the conservation is but it is enough that Renesas advertises it as a main selling point of their lcd controllers.
Ah, that's nice. I guess it explains why many parts of the Prizm OS only use 3-bit (like Run-Matrix and graphs that don't have backgrounds). The battery life of the Prizm is very good - it seems to last about as long as an 84+. I'm curious about how long the Nspire CX battery lasts.
I'm flabbergasted that five months after I bought my Prizm, with some heavy development and assorted use, I'm still on the first set of *included* batteries (which are usually weaksauce in my experience) and have a full battery meter.
KermMartian wrote:
I'm flabbergasted that five months after I bought my Prizm, with some heavy development and assorted use, I'm still on the first set of *included* batteries (which are usually weaksauce in my experience) and have a full battery meter.

If you've had it plugged into USB a lot, it probably drew power from that. I noticed that the calculator stays on when plugged into USB, even if you remove a battery.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours