» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
elfprince13 wrote:
Note up by line 124/125 you appear to have a garbage End + Else. It seems likely this is throwing off the indentation algorithm in some way.
I'm sure it's not. I exported the file and reupload it to SC. The indentation seems perfect, but after some typing it crashes again; no indentation, whereever I typ.

EDIT: I think I traced it. It happens after an If-Then statement within a For-loop.
This may be a browser-specific bug. I can't replicate it with your code, or that little sample:

Can you give us more info on platform, etc?
It crashes at
Chrome 46.0.2490.80
Edge 20.10240.16384.0
But not in Opera
And not in IE
Additional bug report/feature request: Pressing backspace leaves the page if the edit box doesn't have focus, and without an "unsaved data, are you sure?" notification.

[edit]

Nvm, autosave is a thing. But this still gives me minor amounts of anxiety.
I was typing up my Piano Tiles code on SC3, and for some reason, it just started indenting. I could not delete the indents, and when I went to Settings, the indent was off. I turned it on, then turned it off, and it's still doing it.
Here's the code, copy & pasted.

Code:
0->D
real(0,1,1
real(8,1,not(real(8,0
real(7,9,C,D,7,10,0,0
While D<120
real(7,5,C,D-1,C+7,D-1,255,0
   real(7,5,C,D+11,C+7,D+11,0,0
   If D=40:randInt(1,5)->M
   M*32->L
End

Screenshot:

Edit: I'm in IE doing this.
This indentation bug happened to me in Chrome, regardless of the indentation setting:

Code:
If 1
Then
   If 1
   Then
If 1
Then
End
End
End

It looks different from what caleb1997 pointed out--indentation doesn't work for me past one level.
elfprince13 wrote:
Additional bug report/feature request: Pressing backspace leaves the page if the edit box doesn't have focus, and without an "unsaved data, are you sure?" notification.
Unfortunately, the lack of notification sounds like a browser issue rather than something I'm missing. I believe it's up to the browser to fire the beforeunload event at SourceCoder when the page is being unloaded in any way.

lirtosiast + caleb1997 + PT_: Thanks for reporting the indentation bugs; I have a bunch of reconfiguring of how indentation works to do, including not forcing lines to be reindented. So for Caleb it happened in IE, for PT_ is was Chrome and Edge, but not IE or Opera, and Chrome for lirtosiast.
While trying to un-corrupt a group file, I noticed some possible bugs with SourceCoder 3 and/or jsTIfied:

When I sent the project to jsTIfied, I noticed that in places where I inverted the text and used spaces to make a white-on-black banner on the loading screen, those spaces where removed. Also, jsTIfied doesn't load group files containing compressed assembly programs (the ones made with AsmComp(prgmASMOLD,prgmASMNEW).

Edit: Wait! I see what happened! It changed "..." to an ellipses!

KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Unfortunately, the lack of notification sounds like a browser issue rather than something I'm missing. I believe it's up to the browser to fire the beforeunload event at SourceCoder when the page is being unloaded in any way.

lirtosiast + caleb1997 + PT_: Thanks for reporting the indentation bugs; I have a bunch of reconfiguring of how indentation works to do, including not forcing lines to be reindented. So for Caleb it happened in IE, for PT_ is was Chrome and Edge, but not IE or Opera, and Chrome for lirtosiast.

I'm using Opera and I'm seeing edited lines of code permanently indented by around three presses of the Tab key. It is just visual, though.
Here are the most pressing issues I'm aware of with SC3 in its current Beta form:
1) Indentation should only be forced on the first typed character of a line otherwise filled with only whitespace, and should not be performed on non-empty lines.
2) The initial character deletion bug is a serious problem.
3) The files-in-project list needs to be changed from a dropdown to tabs.
4) The buttons above the editing area need to be changed to a flexbox.
5) If possible, the whole layout should resize based on clever CSS, not Javascript.
6) Opening group files should omit single files in a group if they contain "bad" tokens (or ASM), not fail the entire group.
Hi,

I use SC occasionally and today I noticed some new things, mainly that when you make a new Program project, the name of the project is shown in a little tab that you can X out.

However, I also noticed that when I've just made a Program project and I start typing some code, about 15 seconds into coding the entire interface will suddenly shoot about 10 inches down the screen. It was really confusing. I really don't know how I can explain this phenomenon because I don't think I can post screenshots here on the forum.

EDIT: Also, a minor complaint that I have: SC will give those black boxes that give tips on commands, like what the syntax of a Line( command is. That's very useful and all, but when I've finished writing that command, the black box doesn't go away by itself and I have to press ESC to close it. This is extremely annoying. Is there a way I can either completely disable the black tip boxes, or a way I can avoid them?

Any explanation?
You can upload the screen shots to an image host like imugr and use the [img][/img] tags to show them or [url][/url] tags to link them. Secondly, what is your browser and OS? It's probable this can happen on one browser but not another and we'd like to narrow it down as much as possible.
Silverwings wrote:
EDIT: Also, a minor complaint that I have: SC will give those black boxes that give tips on commands, like what the syntax of a Line( command is. That's very useful and all, but when I've finished writing that command, the black box doesn't go away by itself and I have to press ESC to close it. This is extremely annoying. Is there a way I can either completely disable the black tip boxes, or a way I can avoid them?

Any explanation?

In the Help/Settings-section, there is a checkbox for that. Smile
Silverwings wrote:
Hi,

I use SC occasionally and today I noticed some new things, mainly that when you make a new Program project, the name of the project is shown in a little tab that you can X out.
I hope that you like this new look! I think it's better than having the components of your project hidden in a drop-down menu that you have to hover over.

Quote:
However, I also noticed that when I've just made a Program project and I start typing some code, about 15 seconds into coding the entire interface will suddenly shoot about 10 inches down the screen. It was really confusing. I really don't know how I can explain this phenomenon because I don't think I can post screenshots here on the forum.
I know what's happening: you're starting to type a string, and the sprite editor popup is messing up the layout. I'm working on fixing how the layout is computed, so this should be fixed soon. If this happens again, just hit [ESC].
KermMartian wrote:
Silverwings wrote:
Hi,

I hope that you like this new look! I think it's better than having the components of your project hidden in a drop-down menu that you have to hover over.

Thank you for fixing basically everything that I mentioned before (although some of the tabs can still be covered up by the jsTIfied popout). Smile
jonbush wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Silverwings wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for fixing basically everything that I mentioned before (although some of the tabs can still be covered up by the jsTIfied popout). Smile
I haven't fixed the fact that it explicitly keeps re-setting the height of the editor window to the height of your browser window minus a bit; that'll happen in the next few days when I make the size computations pure CSS instead of janky Javascript. Smile
I'm using Google Chrome. Not sure what version, but I clicked "Help" "About Google Chrome" and found this?
Version 48.0.2564.109 unknown-m

Thanks Kerm! I was confused what was happening. I thought it might have been a large-window advertisement that my Google Chrome AdBlock extensions were blocking, so it just looked like blank space, but I wasn't sure. Glad to hear that this is something the SC team is aware of.
Paren matching for syntax highlighting purposes seems confused by tokens that contain their own opening paren (e.g. `max(` ). Also, the syntax-highlighting for `[recursiven]` is really weird.
Double post, but it's a new bug and a new day. The indentation of the line preceding an End is also dedented if you press enter between them, after typing the End.
The indentation is for me still not working.
Chrome 48.0.2564.109, Windows 10
PT_ wrote:
The indentation is for me still not working.
Chrome 48.0.2564.109, Windows 10
Can you be more specific?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 24 of 32
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours