» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Recently (25 minutes ago), SC deleted 95% of one of my projects after I saved and refreshed the page. Fortunately, I had a fairly recent backup, so I was able to get back on track pretty quickly, but I hope this is fixed, and I'll definitely be backing up more in the future.

Edit: I thought I should say that I overwrote the now (almost) blank project with the backup I had, then saved it. However, it deleted it again. I re-uploaded under a different project, and it worked fine.

Edit #2: Update: It happened again. Luckily, I was prepared with my backup. Maybe my file is too big?
(Please don't double-post if it's been within 24 hours; instead, edit your previous post).

How large is the file you're working on?
KermMartian wrote:
(Please don't double-post if it's been within 24 hours; instead, edit your previous post).

Sorry.

KermMartian wrote:
How large is the file you're working on?

71KB, so it should be within the 200KB limit.

Update 2-16-19: Every time I exit SourceCoder, it blanks the file (mostly; it reduces it from ~75KB to ~500B), so I always have to save it locally before exiting. It doesn't matter what name it's under; it always gets erased. Now I have a new problem: If my file is below 80KB, it compiles fine. However, if it's a byte over 80KB, if compiles the blank program mentioned before (only the first few hundred bytes). I guess I might just have to start downloading the source onto the calculator, then try compiling it with that? At any rate, this is a bit inconvenient, so any action to fix this would be much appreciated.

Screenshot of the files. Bottom was compiled from 79KB file, top was compiled from 80KB file:

Another Update: I tried compiling with ICE on the calculator. Same result. Guess I'll have to cut down my code (it is pretty inefficient).
Sounds like an ICE bug then.
When you have multiple program tabs in the same project and you edit one program, then go to a different program tab. If you press ctrl+z it deletes that entire program and replaces it with the code from the previous program tab. I have narrowly avoided accidentally losing an entire program simply because I pressed ctrl+z one too many times.

Also, nothing has been done to that annoying green banner. Can you add a checkbox that says 'disable banner'?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Also, nothing has been done to that annoying green banner. Can you add a checkbox that says 'disable banner'?

Yeah, is there a solution in the works? The one thing I don't really like about the "popup" is that when you are editing a sprite in the SC editor, and you click and drag when the banner pops up, it moves the sprite editor too, adding a line down the sprite. I would like a banner on the side, it is helpful to know if your program autosaves or not
Source Coder won't start download of compiled C program when I hit export.
Since I only program C on my computer, I pretty much never use SC3 because of this Sad
SC has started deleting my projects again! This time it's keeping the project's first tab, but deleting the rest. For some reason it doesn't change the project size accordingly so I have no idea when this happens without loading the project up first. This only seems to happen to the most recently edited project, the other projects are completely fine.
This is the third time in two weeks this has occurred to me (on two different project). Tari was able to recover my code the first time, but I can't keep poking him every week to recover my projects. My only saving grace is I did a full code backup before I last closed SC. Mad
His project is 66047 bytes, eerily close to 65536, or 2^16 bytes. This seems like a limit that is either enforced by a protocol or written in by a programmer. The UI says the limit is 100kb, apparently, but do the backend and the JS agree with this number? Just my two cents.
I think we need to use something like Google Drive to store backups.

It's possible to grant sites access to Google accounts so if we got that working that could be a good option to solve this solution. Then there would be no size limit either. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
SC has started deleting my projects again! This time it's keeping the project's first tab, but deleting the rest. For some reason it doesn't change the project size accordingly so I have no idea when this happens without loading the project up first. This only seems to happen to the most recently edited project, the other projects are completely fine.
This is the third time in two weeks this has occurred to me (on two different project). Tari was able to recover my code the first time, but I can't keep poking him every week to recover my projects. My only saving grace is I did a full code backup before I last closed SC. Mad

Oh no, that bug again! Sad If you restore the same program to before the magic crash, does it always happen? As in, do you always loose data with the same input (same size, program etc)? If so, please PM me or talk to me when I'm online, then we can test stuff together and throw debug logs everywhere Razz I didn't manage to trigger it in my offline SC, which might mean that the server configuration only allows a certain POST request size, or something like that? I don't know...
Alright, for the past two or so weeks, projects neither save or display in the "Open Project" tab in the menu of sourcecoder. When this started happening, it also deleted my current projects out of the "Open Project" tab. Fortunately the upload and export still work, so when I need to save, I just export my project. Also when I try saving, on google chrome in the bottom-hand left corner, it says: "javascript:void()" very briefly and then disappears. When I try saving in Microsoft edge, nothing happens, and on both browsers, the project is not saved. Also When I export my project as "SpherixCE", when I upload the project to SC3 again, it insists on renaming the project, "SPHRXSRC", which is the name of my main program.
Kaluwolf wrote:
Alright, for the past two or so weeks, projects neither save or display in the "Open Project" tab in the menu of sourcecoder. When this started happening, it also deleted my current projects out of the "Open Project" tab. Fortunately the upload and export still work, so when I need to save, I just export my project. Also when I try saving, on google chrome in the bottom-hand left corner, it says: "javascript:void()" very briefly and then disappears. When I try saving in Microsoft edge, nothing happens, and on both browsers, the project is not saved. Also When I export my project as "SpherixCE", when I upload the project to SC3 again, it insists on renaming the project, "SPHRXSRC", which is the name of my main program.

If this happens again, can you look in the console (F12) to see if there are any errors?
There were, I fixed them. Unless there's something additional going on (please try yourself).

In general, unless you get a green bar when you hit save, it hasn't saved and may have deleted your project. Keep your own backups unless you're feeling lucky.
Tari wrote:
There were, I fixed them. Unless there's something additional going on (please try yourself).

In general, unless you get a green bar when you hit save, it hasn't saved and may have deleted your project. Keep your own backups unless you're feeling lucky.

Thank you very much for fixing this Good Idea Good Idea
This is hardly a program-breaking bug, but it looks like all the various token catalogs are missing the letter '脥' in the Accented Letters category. I noticed this when I was making an XML for all the CE tokens for TokenIDE (SC has them, but the current distribution of TokenIDE does not); that XML is currently up on a GitHub Gist until I can figure out how to get BitBucket to allow me to make a PR request for TokenIDE.

At any rate, here's the current CE token file, with '脥' in the right category and every other (relevant) CE token available (should match up with SC's available tokens). As for why '脥' was uncategorized, I think it's to do with some miscellaneous token weirdness.
TheLastMillennial wrote:

This same problem happened to my program I was working on...
Unfortunately, I haven't any backup of the ICE program...
I don't know if it reached the size limit (it says 73097, I don't know how much that is)
Or if it can be recovered?
I suspect there's a silent limit of 64k per file and you may have reached that. Fixing it basically requires changing the entire data model though, so everybody glare at PT_ to work on that rewrite.

I've pulled older data out of a database backup so it is possible to recover your data when this happens, but it may not be as new as you'd like.
After investigating more on those bugs, Tari and I discovered that the current backend doesn't allow projects to be more than 64kB, even though the warning says otherwise. This is because the entire size is stored as an 16-bits integer. Fixing this would require the entire backend to be rewritten, which is unsalvageable. So for now, SC will just throw an error if the project size exceeds the 64kB, and this is a friendly reminder to myself to continue working on the new backend, which won't have this stupid limit. Smile

If still files are randomly deleted, please poke one of us!
The Share button isn't shown when opening a Firefox when it has not been shared before. Happens in Firefox 82.0.2.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 29 of 32
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours