yeah, my RPG does the same thing
OK OK, I'll fix it. Smile
This seems to be the right topic, tell me if it should be somewhere else.

When parsing my basic contest entry, I noticed an error with syntax highlighting. When it parses a string that contains normal math functions and letters, the highlighting would work fine for the letters, but break when it got to a math function (like +). Then since the string was broken, the ending quotes would appear to be a new sting, and the problems cascaded.

Also, you probably know already, but the bytes saved message is completely screwed up. Smile

It worked perfectly for outputting the source, but I'm just wary of clicking Optimize and Highlight.
ty, much appreciated. Yup, I know the bytes saved is slightly messed up. Smile
I'll talk to Brazucs about the highlighting error, that's his deal.
I noticed two big things:
1. when turning optimization on, the message at the top sait that it was optimized to 0 bytes.
2. It optimized my code from
Code:
L1(X)
to
Code:
L1X
obviously it thought that I was multiplying instead of accesing the Xth element of L!.
Welcome, C++! Thanks for the bug reports, I'll check them out. I know why the second one is happening, but I'll try to figure out why the first is occuring.
When I uploaded my program to the Source Coder, I used the little Output(1,1," trick at the end of my program to hide the "Done." Well, it deleted the ", but without it, the program gives me a Syntax error on my Calculator, pointing to that same line. Perhaps the source coder is still a bit buggy? Sad
Ha! Looks like it was trying to cut off the ending quotation, which is generally an optimization.
Yeah, but in this case, it's not. Maybe fiddle with the Source Coder a little more?
CalcMan06 wrote:
Yeah, but in this case, it's not. Maybe fiddle with the Source Coder a little more?
Oh, definitely. It's still a beta; I've seen various forms of that bug elsewhere too.
Kerm, do me a favor, run prgmSYMBOL through SC, and take a look at the while/for(/it then counter. It has them all as 1... and the only thing in prgm SYMBOL is a sub(command with the string... Thought you would like to know.
Huh. How funky is that. Oh, I know what it is. Those illegal characters, when used within the $BB context, are actually command tokens.
Well, you know how I love to make sure you know of bugs... Razz
Yup, always appreciated. Keep 'em coming.
heres an interesting bug:
code example:
Code:
if x=5
disp "hi
pause

optimization:

Code:
if x=5
pause "hi

the problem is, in the original code the program pauses even if x does not equal 5. In the optimization, the program pauses only if x=5.
Huh, very interesting.... I wonder how I would prevent that. I guess I have to check context for multicommand optimizations.
when i go to the source coder it lets me click on browse and click on the file and well everything works fine but after i click parse and the next page loads up and i click on the arrow to display the code there is nothing there except the cemetech copyright. i tried it with multiple files and it still didnot work and i also tried it with firewall down but it still doesnt work
lafferjm wrote:
when i go to the source coder it lets me click on browse and click on the file and well everything works fine but after i click parse and the next page loads up and i click on the arrow to display the code there is nothing there except the cemetech copyright. i tried it with multiple files and it still didnot work and i also tried it with firewall down but it still doesnt work
Sounds intriguing. Could you get me a screenshot of that?
what do i have to do to take a screenshot
get the window up, then press the "prt scr" (or something like that) key on your keyboard. To capture only that window, do alt+prt scr. Then go into you favorite photo editor program and paste. That will paste your screenshot in so you can save it somewhere.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 32
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours