It took about a whole week (7-8 days) to arrive, but here it is. I love this thing.

This is one of the best reasons why I am switching out of using TI calculators to using Casio calculators, free offers like this. I mean, I've had my prizm for a long time now, but I've never used it too often, I had a TI nspire and 84 which I used more. So I saw this offer, made my design, and I started using my prizm. I found out so many new things on it. It's great. I don't even touch my TI's anymore, and finally, the design arrived. Today, a few hours ago.

I added a little extra to mine, like borders and design around the number area.
Whoa, how did you manage that? That looks super-spiffy; I didn't know they had an option for that. Also, welcome to Cemetech! You should Introduce Yourself when you get a chance.
All I did was take the extra borders that came with the stickers and used an exacto knife to cut it into fine lengths. You know when you peel out the stickers? There's borders all around it that linger in the paper, that isn't connected to the peel out itself, but still has design on it.

On the bottom right of the last picture, you can see a little bit of it peeling off, I fixed everything now though, it looks flawless, you can't tell where the stickers begin or end.

Then, on the circle shaped stickers that I got by punching out the holes, I just stuck them onto all sides of the calculator cover for extra design.
That's a great idea, kudos for thinking of that! I think I saved the original sheets, so I'll definitely have to look into whether I can do that too. Nice.
So as you know, I recently received a free Casio Prizm from Casio thanks to their Educational Training program. I went to get a SkinIt skin for it from the free SkinIt promotion, only to find that unfortunately the promotion was broken. The SkinIt site claimed that the code was expired, and when I contacted SkinIt, they told me to contact Casio. As has been my experience with Casio, they responded promptly and nicely:

Kerm wrote:
Mr. <redacted>:

I recently got a Casio Prizm, and attempted to complete the SkinIt promotion that you're doing. Unfortunately, the PIN code that the Casio website gave me to use with SkinIt is marked as expired by SkinIt's website, and contacting their support confirmed that the code is expired. They recommended I contact you. In addition, other recent Prizm owners that I've spoken with have run into the same problem, so I can only assume that the whole pool of remaining codes has expired, even though SkinIt's page (http://www.skinit.com/landing_page.php?id=prizm) says the promotion goes until March 31st. I was wondering if there might be a way to resolve this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Christopher

Casio wrote:
Hi Christopher:

I received your information from your Casio Representative regarding the Skin it promotion. It seems they are having a little trouble on their end and are working to fix the issue. In the meantime please use promo code: <redacted> at this site www.promo.skinit.com, you shouldn’t have any trouble.

Best wishes,

Nickey Singletary
Education Marketing Administrator
Education Division

me wrote:
Nickey,

Thanks for your swift resolution to the issue. Should I recommend that my colleagues with the same problems also contact you for alternative codes, or should I suggest they wait for the issue to be resolved with the automated process?

Sincerely,
Christopher

Quote:
Christopher,

Please have your colleagues contact me and I will provide them with new codes.

Thanks,

Nickey Singletary
Education Division

So, if you need a free SkinIt skin for your new Prizm, contact:
nsingletary@[the prizm company].com
How do you design your own skin, and what does
KermMartian wrote:
[the prizm company]

mean?
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
How do you design your own skin, and what does
KermMartian wrote:
[the prizm company]

mean?
I posted on the first or second of this page how to make a Cemetech skin; if you mean on their website, you click Custom Skin or Design Your Own Skin. I was obfuscating the email address to avoid spammers; the answer is of course [casio].
Cool thanks Kerm
Cool thanks Kerm
No problem. If you get a Prizm from the Training program and then get a Skinit skin, I hope you'll share photographs of the finished design with us.
I went onto skinit and customized my decals/stickers (whatever they are) so I know what I want before I get my calc, and I get them. Very Happy
I went onto skinit and customized my decals/stickers (whatever they are) so I know what I want before I get my calc, and I get them. Very Happy
Ah, I didn't realize it let you work on the design before you paid. Smile Hope you came up with something awesome for your calculator (assuming you do indeed get a calculator from the training program).
KermMartian wrote:
I didn't realize it let you work on the design before you paid. Smile Hope you came up with something awesome for your calculator.

I went onto the actual website and searched prizm and customized my calc look.
On design:
cemetech logo above the screen and blotches on it, on the back is the vicfirth logo with a blotch on it, and on the case is krazylegodrummer56 and my name under it in small print with a blotch all over that to.(all blotches are faded so you can still see under them.
Yay! I ordered mine! It's totally custom, has a fighter jet cockpit on the cover and on the calc itself, diamond plate (not skinit's diamond plate, a custom one). I'll post pics when I get the stickers.

I live in OH. How long did it take for people in states near me to receive their skinit skins?
flyingfisch wrote:
Yay! I ordered mine! It's totally custom, has a fighter jet cockpit on the cover and on the calc itself, diamond plate (not skinit's diamond plate, a custom one). I'll post pics when I get the stickers.

I live in OH. How long did it take for people in states near me to receive their skinit skins?
I think when I got the skin for the Prizm I bought myself almost a year ago, it took about a week for the skin to arrive, between manufacturing and shipping time. Unfortunately, my mailman flubbed the delivery, so it actually took an extra 5 days.
Is it completely free?
Spenceboy98 wrote:
Is it completely free?

Yes Smile
I got my pin, but it doesn't work. It says, "Sorry, your Pin Code is invalid. Please try again."
Spenceboy98 wrote:
I got my pin, but it doesn't work. It says, "Sorry, your Pin Code is invalid. Please try again."

Did you contact Casio?
KermMartian wrote:
So as you know, I recently received a free Casio Prizm from Casio thanks to their Educational Training program. I went to get a SkinIt skin for it from the free SkinIt promotion, only to find that unfortunately the promotion was broken. The SkinIt site claimed that the code was expired, and when I contacted SkinIt, they told me to contact Casio. As has been my experience with Casio, they responded promptly and nicely:

Quote:
Christopher,

Please have your colleagues contact me and I will provide them with new codes.

Thanks,

Nickey Singletary
Education Division

So, if you need a free SkinIt skin for your new Prizm, contact:
nsingletary@[the prizm company].com
I sent an email. We will see what happens next.
I've been meaning to do this, I just don't know what to use as a skin!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours