Perhaps try getting another version of libusb. That might help but I can't garuntee anything. I hope that you get your problem solved, though!
Quote:
"usb_set_configuration (could not set config 1: Operation not permitted)."
Sounds like a device permissions issue (blame udev). Try running the client as root (with sudo or such), and if it works then we can probably come up with a configuration change to allow you to run it as your normal user.
Tari wrote:
Quote:
"usb_set_configuration (could not set config 1: Operation not permitted)."
Sounds like a device permissions issue (blame udev). Try running the client as root (with sudo or such), and if it works then we can probably come up with a configuration change to allow you to run it as your normal user.
I've actually generally always found that I need to run it as root unless I set up the udev rule in advance.
Spot on Kerm and Tari. It was indeed a permissions based error. Thanks a lot for your help, unfortunately, I am now unable to use CN Chat and Gossamer because I left my calculator in my Dad's car! From what I used, I was extremely impressed though.

Kerm, I also noticed that earlier in this thread you mentioned the release of the next beta for DCS7. When is its release likely to be?
ElectronicsGeek: Soon as me and Kerm figure out and squash the bugs we are having with it. As of the moment it is not stable enough for a public release.
geekboy1011 wrote:
ElectronicsGeek: Soon as me and Kerm figure out and squash the bugs we are having with it. As of the moment it is not stable enough for a public release.
There's essentially one final issue we're trying to fix, though, and it involves two bits (ie, 1/4 of a byte total). While we're pondering how in the world it's breaking, I'm rapidly getting Sandpaper to completion.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours