I got an email just now from Casio, and it seems as though they've stepped it up a notch in their marketing strategies (though their efforts were pretty much zilch before...). This email was advertising the new Prizm Facebook page, and a sweepstakes -- like most school related products seem to have Smile

Anyways, this is a link I found to relevant info: http://www.facebook.com/casioeducation?sk=app_121121694568521 [edit: wrong link! :/] . It seems to be a "Enter to Win" thing rather than a "Program us a cool game and we'll cast a vote" thing, but either way, I bet this will probably draw more people towards it indirectly -- truthfully, most people never enter these things, but they at least then know the product exists.

Thought it's be interesting to share... Any opinions? Smile. I'm personally happy that they're doing *something* to stand out now.

Edit: oh, and did I mention it appeals to younger, less nerdy students by offering the winning prize to be signatures from the Mythbusters team?
I saw that; I thought that was pretty awesome. I entered and wrote a recommendation, for what it's worth.
Woo, thanks for pointing this out! I entered. I hope I win Smile
merthsoft wrote:
Woo, thanks for pointing this out! I entered. I hope I win Smile
I hope you win too! For what it's worth, if I win, I'll probably donate either the winning calculator or my own Prizm to a Cemetech Prizm contest of some sort.
Thank you!!! I am totally entering. It would be awesome to win a prizm. My mom entered for me too. LOL
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Thank you!!! I am totally entering. It would be awesome to win a prizm. My mom entered for me too. 0x5
Haha, excellent. Very Happy Best of luck to us all. I hope you guys are also writing them plenty of favorable recommendations.
Ya. I am.
Well, I'm a pessimist about Sweepstakes, so I won't be entering (though I might put in a recommendation that says "The prizm is great -- it has PrizmCity, Cool graphing stuff, and PrizmCity all in one bundle!"), best of luck to you all though Smile
Me too, but considering that fewer than 2,000 people have liked their page so far (not that that's a good thing, of course), I'd say the odds are decent.
I would love to get one.

How much different is Ti basic from casio basic. also is it still Z80?
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I would love to get one.

How much different is Ti basic from casio basic. also is it still Z80?
No, the Prizm runs on a 32-bit SH3 processor from Hitachi, compared with the 8-bit (with partial 16-bit support) z80 processor. The Casio BASIC language has a few tokens with different names than TI BASIC, and a few missing and added, but it's very easy to pick up, in my opinion, if you already know any other flavor of BASIC.
ok good to know thanks.
Do you have to have a Facebook account to register to win?
_player1537 wrote:
Do you have to have a Facebook account to register to win?
Experience tells me that you can also send them something in snail mail; I believe they're legally required to give you that option.
Yes i do. 2 actually plus my moms.
Hmm... I probably won't be participating, then :/
Oh. why not. THere is still a pretty good chance to win.
Mostly regarding the Facebook part.
Oh. That makes sense
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Oh. why not. THere is still a pretty good chance to win.
I believe that Catherine is not terribly fond of Facebook, actually. Indeed, I think it would be nice if Casio provided an easier non-Facebook way to enter, but I suppose that partially nullifies the point of getting peoples' Likes of Casio on their pages.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours