KermMartian wrote:
willrandship wrote:
Hooray for that! Now I'll have a calc IDE that works exactly like my PC one Very Happy
You mean SourceCoder? Wink Or tiBE?

Quote:
By free the flash, I mean remove the original text editor from the OS memory (is that in flash or RAM? not sure) and open it up to the user. Unnecessary, but fun!
You can hook into the OS's edit buffer routines fairly trivially; cf. the Doors CS BASIC editor.

*tiDE?

I wouldn't use the edit buffer, I would use the key hook and stop it at the PRGM->EDIT screen, or the PRGM->NEW screen.
I was referring to PC programming, specifically Geany, not a calc IDE. I don't know Asm, and I do Axe on-calc. I like Geany's learning autocomplete: It adds any variables to the list as well as commands, and will add any custom commands that you may get from libraries too.

Of course, that's mostly unnecessary on a calc, where the libraries are fairly fixed.
That's a pretty standard feature across IDEs in general, it's called Code Completion.
Well, yeah, but I like it a lot Razz and I don't see it a lot in calc IDEs. But then, I don't see a lot of calc IDEs to begin with.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours