Hello, as the title pretty much explains I am trying to use gcn to use Gossamer from my 83+ across a silverlink. Unfortunately I get the error: Failed to open Direct USB to Calculator

What argument should I use for -d?

>gcnclient.exe -d d -n IRCHub -l HOMER-16

^What I used.

Thanks. Very Happy
I don't think gCn works with a silverlink, though I could be wrong. Have you checked if the help option (-h) says anything about silverlinks? It was my understanding that they have their own drivers and were hard to work with.
Welcome to Cemetech; you should introduce yourself in the appropriate topic. Unfortunately, the SilverLink cannot be used for gCn. The SilverLink, like the Arduino, contains a microprocessor, albeit one that is fixed to speaking the TI-OS linking protocol and cannot be made to speak CALCnet.
KermMartian wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech; you should introduce yourself in the appropriate topic. Unfortunately, the SilverLink cannot be used for gCn. The SilverLink, like the Arduino, contains a microprocessor, albeit one that is fixed to speaking the TI-OS linking protocol and cannot be made to speak CALCnet.

Ah I see. Thanks. All the more reason to get an 84+ now. Razz
Indeed. Your other alternative would be a $25 Arduino board or $10 worth of parts for a $10 Bridge, both of which would do the trick but require simple and moderate electronics experience, respectively.
Yeah, that'll probably be the thing I do. I have the spare time anyways. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours