annoyingorange wrote:
can you have it also use silverlink cable for my 2 ti-83pbe I want to use it for that

For the TI 83+/SE calcs, you would need to use an Arduino or the $10 hub.
Thanks Souvik. Smile You can read more about constructing those two different types of gCn bridges in the gCn whitepaper:

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/item.php?id=35
I am not sure if this is a bug,but I get this
C:\Docum.......
USB connection created successfully
Unable to Bind to TCP socket to virtual hub [socket bind error]
Details: 10061
annoyingorange wrote:
I am not sure if this is a bug,but I get this
C:\Docum.......
USB connection created successfully
Unable to Bind to TCP socket to virtual hub [socket bind error]
Details: 10061
When do you get that? What circumstances are necessary to replicate this bug? Sounds like a mis-typed URL, or else the hub crashed.
It crashed it said on front page gCnMetaHub offline
annoyingorange wrote:
It crashed it said on front page gCnMetaHub offline
Ahhh, then that explains it. Smile I had taken it down for maintenance a few days ago; it was back shortly thereafter. I'm glad to hear that the issue was just normal behavior, not a bug.
Well, I managed to finally get off my lazy a and finally test this. I must say, this is an excellent webbrowser.

The GUI gets a 10/10, I like how simple it is to use

The Ease-of-Use gets a 10/10 because I managed to have a good time with Gossamer with out having to read the readme

Speed gets a 10/10, I swear this is faster than FireFox and IE (Especially how long it takes to boot up in the first place). Only a split second slower than chrome

Problems I had was that the client crashed when I tried to enter my own URL.... I am curious if entering your own URL is supported yet? If not, that's fine.

Overall: 9.5/10 Layout of webpages, speed, GUI, etc were all excellent. No problems with any of the webpages listed on the portal. Great job Kerm Very Happy
I still can't connect. I need that mac version of the software. Is it done yet Kerm? Sorry if I'm a little impatient. I'm excited to try this. Smile
bspymaster wrote:
I still can't connect. I need that mac version of the software. Is it done yet Kerm? Sorry if I'm a little impatient. I'm excited to try this. Smile
No problem, I am flattered. Elfprince is still a combination of busy and incommunicado, so nothing yet. Qazz, can you be more specific? This sounds like a genuine bug.
ok, let me recreate the steps

1. Open the client
2. Open Gossamer
3. Go to cemetech.net (or omnimaga or whatever) from the portal
4. Click the button to input your own URL and type in the url you wanna put in
5. Press enter
6. watch as gossamer downloads the webpage and then give me a blank screen. After, the client crashes and I have to press clear to exit out.

EDIT: Just tried to reconnect, I wanted to try once more, now I get

Code:
Unable to bind TCP socket to virtual hub [Socket Bind Error]

And it closes after that...
Did you try to go to a site like Wikipedia? Calcdude alerted me to a bug with loading Wikipedia pages (and probably other large pages too) that I haven't been able to track down yet.
hmm, ok, I managed to get some time at my friends house to test out my gossamer problem, turns out that the page not showing happens only on certian sites, I managed to only test 3 sites

-Google
-Youtube
-PKMN.net

Google and youtube did not work, but pkmn did. I shall test Wikipedia right now and see what happens.
Actually, would you mind testing this version instead if you get a chance?

http://www.cemetech.net/files/gossamer.8xp
mmk, just to let you know, the "Unable to bind TCP socket to virtual hub [Socket Bind Error]" I got was caused by peerblock, so I got that problem fixed.

Kerm, the new Gossamer you had does not work for me, it is stuck on loading the portal.
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but do you plan on adding support to download calculator programs via Gossamer? It would be really cool to see.
-Happybobjr
happybobjr wrote:
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but do you plan on adding support to download calculator programs via Gossamer? It would be really cool to see.
-Happybobjr
It would indeed be very cool, but it's not something I have planned. If you take a look at my Summer 2011 Brainstorming thread, though, you'll see I discuss relevant stuff there.
ok thanks.
That said, if there was enough interest, I would try to shoehorn it into Gossamer, but since programs are usually in zips and such, I would prefer to work on it for Sandpaper or whatever I call the FTP program.
That would definitively be cool Very Happy, although I wonder how hard it will be for games like Zelda: Dark Link Quest, where certain of the 210 sub-programs must be in the archive instead of the RAM? Shock
DJ_O wrote:
where certain of the 210 sub-programs must be in the archive instead of the RAM? Shock
210! Good God.

I'm assuming the calculator has a way of knowing which programs were in archive at the time you group or copy the programs off the calculator as it's likely a flag in the program header. But, don't bet on my unknowledable wisdom with TI-BASIC Headers.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours