At long last, Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2 is ready, bringing with it greatly improved and stabilized Direct USB globalCALCnet support. It also provides a handful of bug fixes for issues reported by Cemetech users. To show off the gCn connectivity of Doors CS and Direct USB, I am also releasing Gossamer 1.0, a web browser for Doors CS and CALCnet, less than a week after I first began coding the program. Gossamer, like all CALCnet and globalCALCnet programs, can now be used either via an Arduino-based gCn bridge, or via a mini-USB cable when run on a TI-84+ or TI-84+SE graphing calculator. Gossamer uses globalCALCnet to download and display web pages from the internet. You can scroll by lines and pages, click links, navigate backwards, and browse to arbitrary URLs.

Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2 brings incremental bug fixes over Doors CS 7.2 Beta 1, but most significantly greatly improves the Direct USB support built into the shell. Simply plug a USB cable into your calculator, launch the gcnclient application on your Windows, Linux, or Macintosh computer, and you can play games like Obliterate and NetPong with other calculators across the internet, chat on IRC, or browse the internet. As usual, please post any congratulations, comments, bug reports, and feedback on Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2 in the attached discussion thread.

Downloads
Gossamer 1.0 Calculator Web Browser
Doors CS 7.2 Beta 2

Woo, *downloads*. I can't wait to try out Gossamer. Smile
souvik1997 wrote:
Woo, *downloads*. I can't wait to try out Gossamer. Smile
Thanks very much! I hope I'll be seeing a lot of people on WebHub!
Great work Kerm! This looks awesome =)
Can I get my Merthsoft version Very Happy
merthsoft wrote:
Can I get my Merthsoft version Very Happy

Can I get my Elfprince version?
Souvik, Merth, and Elfprince, I need to make and send you all your special versions; luckily it's an easy thing to do. And thanks very much, Elfprince.
Erm, what are these special versions? btw, i got to download that!!!!!!!! And what client do you have to use for Gossamer? And is the way to connect the same as beta 1, so no new software for the pc?
Ok, these things are awsome! But i already found a main bug in gossamer: If the browser loads a .html url or other url with such a ending the client (I use ubuntu, so the terminal) closes and gossamer is keep laoding, only way to stop is to put out the batteries. And i got a idea to make the webbrowser better: Make special calc-pages simular as there are already mobile pages. Smile
Sorunome wrote:
Ok, these things are awsome! But i already found a main bug in gossamer: If the browser loads a .html url or other url with such a ending the client (I use ubuntu, so the terminal) closes and gossamer is keep laoding, only way to stop is to put out the batteries. And i got a idea to make the webbrowser better: Make special calc-pages simular as there are already mobile pages. Smile

1) Please do not double-post
2) That's incorrect. Just tap or press [CLEAR], and Gossamer will quit.
Oh, didn't knew that with clear...I'm always to lazy to read through read mes! Razz Ok, but I would still recommend that to make it possible to visit these sites.

EDIT: I would also recommend to make it possible to enter things in bars e.g. the google search bar.
Form input is something I'm considering implementing. For now, just go to http://google.com/search?q=search+terms+here .
Ok, thanks. Smile And redirect pages (as http://www.cemete.ch) are just displayed blank, they do not redirect.
Sorunome wrote:
Ok, thanks. Smile And redirect pages (as http://www.cemete.ch) are just displayed blank, they do not redirect.
Hmm, I'll see what I can do about that.
Cool! And where's the "=" to enter in the url? I can't find it.... :S And what are these special dcs versions about?
KermMartian wrote:
Form input is something I'm considering implementing. For now, just go to http://google.com/search?q=search+terms+here .

That would be great, because then I could use Cemetech on my 84+ =D
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

That would be great, because then I could use Cemetech on my 84+ =D
You already can browse Cemetech using Gossamer, since it uses the Cemetech6mobile skin, you just can't make posts. Smile
Sorunome wrote:
And what are these special dcs versions about?

A joke, I assume Wink

On a side note, great job, Kerm! I unfortunately will not be able to test due to a broken mini-usb port on my 84+B. But, I can at least give encouragement for you to test out new ways to use IM 0 to generate radio waves that can be transferred to standard Wi-Fi format so I can still use this Wink

EDIT: I sound like the professor on Gilligan's Island, I'm sure.
Or you could build yourself an Arduino-based globalCALCnet bridge to use your I/O port. Alternatively, you could solder and fix your mini USB port! And Elfprince and Merth got their editions because they visited me, while Souvik got his because of his excellent work in last year's contest.
I am unable to compile the libusb-0.1.12 program on mac. Any ideas why?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours