Gossamer requires you to be using gCn, so you could try installing it on another computer. What happened with the installation, though?
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
Never mind I found a libusb link in the read me and tried installing it and failed. Any ideason how I can still use gossamer?

After the libusb installation did you install the filter for your particular calculator?
system administrator(my mom) instalation blockade(who dosen't like me installing stuff onto the computer because my little brother has opened one to many links that have contained trojan's)

parker I can't install items
I'm afraid you can't use gCn without either a filter driver installed or the Arduino / USBHID ("$10 Bridge") device.
oh well maybe if/when I get my own computer
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
oh well maybe if/when I get my own computer
Yup, sorry that there's no good solution. Sad Perhaps you could ask your parents to let you install the filter driver?
Yeah, it is also extremely useful (the filter) because it allows for TiLP to work alongside TI-Connect.
Perhaps there is some sneaky way around blockade you can find, I am pretty sure a majority of filters have some flaw you could use.

Also, I wonder, would it be possible to install it to a flash drive?
Qazz, you disappoint me; your capital letters disappeared on you. Sad I'm afraid you can't install it to a flash drive; because it's a driver, you always have to install it to your actual drivers that Windows is currently using, which for security reasons on the administrator can do.
You could install libusb on a Linux installation on a USB drive. Wink
souvik1997 wrote:
An excellent point indeed! Although with no offense intended to Krazy, I believe this may currently be outside the scope of what Krazy is willing to / able to attempt. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
souvik1997 wrote:
An excellent point indeed! Although with no offense intended to Krazy, I believe this may currently be outside the scope of what Krazy is willing to / able to attempt. Smile

Correct Kerm I don't want to get in trouble for making the computer a linux computer and get in trouble.
Well, when you do it with a Flash drive (called "live booting"), it's just temporary until the next time you restart the computer, but it's still not following the spirit of your parents' rules, so I wouldn't recommend it.
Kerm: Wow, that is handy! so, does it require a dedicated bridge for a link to each site then? Time to set up one for my Dropbox Razz
willrandship wrote:
Kerm: Wow, that is handy! so, does it require a dedicated bridge for a link to each site then? Time to set up one for my Dropbox Razz
Nope, it works with the entire internet. The only thing it doesn't do yet is text-entry boxes.
KermMartian wrote:
Qazz, you disappoint me; your capital letters disappeared on you. Sad I'm afraid you can't install it to a flash drive; because it's a driver, you always have to install it to your actual drivers that Windows is currently using, which for security reasons on the administrator can do.

Oh dear, I shall remedy this problem AT ONCE!

*Fixes all capital letter mistakes.*
Thanks for that, Qazz.

While we're discussing text/password input boxes in Gossamer, I should mention that the hard part is not the actual input. It would be "easy" to make Gossamer have special line codes for text input boxes, password input boxes, and buttons like Submit to click. However, have the gCnWeb / WebHub bridge maintain all the cookies and sessions for the different clients might be a bit challenging.
I tried to connect using the gcnclient.exe, running it with "gcnclient -d d -n WebHub -l test", connects just fine, but when I try to use Gossamer, it gets stuck on Loading Page. It shows in cmd that i received bytes, but nothing happens.
Kerm, perhaps you could limit it to some sort of registration process? That way, while it doesn't really simplify the cookie handling problem, it would prevent floods of them.

Either that or have the cookies expire after an hour or so.
I don't think you can force expiration on cookies, you can however, delete them every hour.
InternetCliche wrote:
I tried to connect using the gcnclient.exe, running it with "gcnclient -d d -n WebHub -l test", connects just fine, but when I try to use Gossamer, it gets stuck on Loading Page. It shows in cmd that i received bytes, but nothing happens.
Can you try again? Anything that I can do to help you debug it better?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours