Bendito999 wrote:
This program is really awesome (it even loads the Facebook login page!), but there is one feature that would really take it to new levels. The ability to type on-calc into text-boxes would be awesome. Right now, I am just getting _____ dashed lines for the text entry. With that, though, it may be possible to actually log in (don't steal my passwords).
Indeed, it's something I've been hoping to implement for future versions of Gossamer, hence why it renders those dashed lines as placeholders. Thank you very much for the compliment, and I'm glad it worked for you@!
hey Kerm I downloaded gossamer but when ever I try to use it (after plugging it into the computer) it never finishes loading
krazylegodrummer56 wrote:
hey Kerm I downloaded gossamer but when ever I try to use it (after plugging it into the computer) it never finishes loading

it is not a simple matter of just plugging it in and then it instantly works. you need to download the gCn computer program, and you need the libusb driver filter
What qazz says. You need to:

1) Plug in your calculator
2) Install the filter driver
3) Start up the gcnclient
how do you get thefilter driver Kerm?
I guess that reading the README could be useful.
Alternatively, entering a query such as "libusb filter driver" (without the quotes) in your favorite search engine, which will take you to http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/libusb-win32/wiki Smile
Lionel Debroux wrote:
I guess that reading the README could be useful.
Alternatively, entering a query such as "libusb filter driver" (without the quotes) in your favorite search engine, which will take you to http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/libusb-win32/wiki Smile
Exactly this. Thanks very much, Lionel. Wink
thanks guys for answering my question.
thanks guys for answering my question.
No problem. I hope you were able to get it to work properly?
Well, I just wanted to use gossamer again, but it didn't work. My pc didn't want to connect with my calc (stupit pc Razz). Well, I have Linux Mint.
Terminal output is:

Code:
~/Downloads/dcs72b2 $ sudo ./ gcnclient_ubuntu -d d -n WebHub -l Sorunome
sudo: ./: command not found

Please help me!
You have a space between "./" and "gcnclient_ubuntu".
Ah, you misunderstood me earlier. You should be running:
Code:
sudo ./gcnclient_ubuntu -d d -n WebHub -l Sorunome
(Notice the missing space between the / and the gcnclient)
Still doesn't work, gives this:
Code:
~/Downloads/dcs72b2 $ sudo ./gcnclient_ubuntu -d d -n WebHub -l Sorunome
sudo: ./gcnclient_ubuntu: command not found
Can you run "ls" in the directory you are in?
Then I can only assume that there's no gcnclient_ubuntu in the dcs72b2 folder. Smile What does ls -l show you?
Yes

Code:
~/Downloads/dcs72b2 $ ls
DoorsCS7.2b2.8xk  gcnclient.exe  gcnclient_ubuntu  README.txt
sorunome

1. Don't Double post

2. Don't make a one word post.. ever... or else... *cocks gun*

just a friendly reminder Wink
Try chmodding the gcnclient_ubuntu executable to be executable; I believe that may be in the instructions somewhere. Smile

Code:
chmod +x gcnclient_ubuntu

qazz42 wrote:
sorunome

1. Don't Double post

2. Don't make a one word post.. ever... or else...

Also, very much this. Here on Cemetech we pride ourselves on quality of posts (and projects), rather than worrying about quantity.
Run
Code:
and then try the sudo ./ command from earlier.
KermMartian wrote:
Try chmodding the gcnclient_ubuntu executable to be executable; I believe that may be in the instructions somewhere. Smile

Code:

qazz42 wrote:
sorunome

1. Don't Double post

2. Don't make a one word post.. ever... or else...

Also, very much this. Here on Cemetech we pride ourselves on quality of posts (and projects), rather than worrying about quantity.

Although I think it is a general rule of thumb that even on some the most lax forums, single word posting isn't allowed. Double posting, on the other hand, is sometimes ok on some forums (like the castlevania forums)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours