Is it possible to add a UPnP Auto-portforward to FB's T3D?
Yes. But why do you want it? Most home routers won't have it turned on anyway, so you'll still need access to log in and turn it on, and if you have a multilayer NAT as is common if you have DSL (modem + router) it won't save you the hassle of fixing that issue.
elfprince13 wrote:
Yes. But why do you want it? Most home routers won't have it turned on anyway, so you'll still need access to log in and turn it on, and if you have a multilayer NAT as is common if you have DSL (modem + router) it won't save you the hassle of fixing that issue.

I've seen a number of consumer routers that ship with UPnP enabled.

I think the real question is whether or not anyone cares enough to add it, not whether or not it is worth it.
If a lot of people really cared, I could be convinced to look into it. I still don't see why port-forwarding by hand is such a huge deal.
elfprince13 wrote:
If a lot of people really cared, I could be convinced to look into it. I still don't see why port-forwarding by hand is such a huge deal.

It's because a lot of people don't know how to do it and like in my modemrouter, it doesn't work manually.
SpaceNinja wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

It's because a lot of people don't know how to do it and like in my modemrouter, it doesn't work manually.

Fair enough. In that case it is probably something worth doing.
elfprince13 wrote:
SpaceNinja wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Fair enough. In that case it is probably something worth doing.

You should also look at the audience for a Lego game.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours