» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whoops sorry two post by mistake and I did not raid Arcadia I would never. Where did you get that idea from?

Fixed, by comic.
Ok, phew sorry you got me nervous there for a minute Beta7.
I don't know - I'm so tired I think I misread "root" for "raid" Sad
It's fine Beta7. I was just rage earlier thats why I was acting like a total ****.
You guys are improperly hijacking the Screenshot thread. Please either move this to Minecraft, Anyone or to [MC] Arcadia 3.0.
Sorry Sad

Back on topic, that bridge of CDI's is pretty cool. Smile
Building a Cave Castle. Albeit it's not really a cave. It's underneath an overhang for a cliff. I already stoned up the large entrance and found a smaller gap in the back leading to a tree surrounded by a small pond of water which I intend to turn into a small glass bio-dome-esq room. The "cave" itself, when leveled will go from 65 to 100. Each floor will be five blocks tall. I plan to build the staircase up to form a tower and down to get to the mines and possibly other things but haven't decided what as mostly everything will have room above ground.

I had just found the cave and built my house at this point then got to work. Progress is slow, but almost complete. I'll have photos of the front when it's done!

For now, as safety, I have constructed a two cobblestone thick house with an indoor pen for my three wolves.

The bottom texture pack is "Photo Realism Texture Pack 256x256" and sometimes, it royally messes up.

And, Arcadia 2.0's Big Dig.

comic, that texture pack in the picture of the wolves looks alot like the misa texture pack..
Perhaps he had influence from that texture pack for the animals but, I'm not sure. It should be listed if he did.

Two images of my city that I've been slowing adding onto. There are a few bits I notice I need to fix but otherwise I really like what I've managed to get done with all the issues my friends server gets.

This was built from an obsidian bowl like structure which would hold the city. The buildings in the city are built from diamond. Depending on the area it was built it could be topped with stone stairs or half steps. The round building is our servers only library at the moment and we have yet to finish any of our books to put in it.
I decided to try an new seed and I was quite pleased with the results:

The seed "Arcadia @ evocat.us" produces:

There are also a ton of massive caverns underground that make spelunking similar to tower defense...
New screenshot from the 1.8 pre-release.

Very nice to all of you. I heard that the leaked 1.8 is buggy and a disappointment; is that true?
There are a few bugs, but I don't think it's a disappointment. The update completely changes the nature of the game (in a good way). The only disappointing things I've found are the general uselessness of Ender pearls and the fact that Endermen are rather docile.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
There are a few bugs, but I don't think it's a disappointment. The update completely changes the nature of the game (in a good way). The only disappointing things I've found are the general uselessness of Ender pearls and the fact that Endermen are rather docile.
I think that the terrain things will be neat, but for an SMP server with a lot of players like the one I administer/moderate, especially since Endermen don't even work on SMP, I don't see a whole lot being useful. NPC villages look meh to me, experience orbs are useless, what else?
Strongholds and mines are a lot better than the old dungeons, creative mode is great (or perhaps not for a survival server...), the lighting engine is significantly improved, terrain generation is more interesting, the game actually has atmosphere, more mobs, etc...
I tried the pre-release as well and the only real issue I had was that I could no longer hold rmb and continually place blocks. But then again that may just be a bug since it is a pre-release.
Crafting tables and furnaces are also very bugged.
Qwerty.55 wrote:
Crafting tables and furnaces are also very bugged.
Isn't that a big part of non-creative gameplay? Why are they bugged, anyway; did something change about them?
Yeah, but it's actually an interesting case where the bugs from one partially make up for the bugs from the other.

What I imagine happened with furnaces is that when Notch changed the lighting system, he forgot to update the furnaces as a source of light. When their light emission level changes due to fuel, the whole game crashes as a result because the engine freaks out.

As for crafting tables, I can't say anything beyond pure speculation. What happens with them is that when you drop items from the table, it will drop twice as many of the items as were on the table. Half the items are valid and can be picked up. The other half are invalid and aren't automatically taken. When you go back to crafting, however, picking up a set of the valid items will place one of the invalid items in your inventory. They behave exactly the same crafting-wise, but the only other thing you can do with them is place them in chests (which will convert certain items back to "normal"). It eliminates much of the need for furnaces because it allows you to get an infinite amount of any material that can be crafted so long as you have the materials to make one piece. As far as what exactly causes that bug, I'd guess at a change in the item drop/storage system where the crafting tables were updated with the new system and the old system. Hence, they drop two of every item and the items from the old system don't work properly. Crafting would remain unchanged, explaining why they're perfectly craftable and the products would be valid items. That explanation is basically guesswork, but I suppose it's somewhat reasonable.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours