» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  

More progress!
I was playing with the 1.8 treraingenerator and I got this terain generated:
http://www.imgur.com/a/oNPWO
I used a renderdistance of 32 chunks and a custom preset for the custom world type.
Note: The world was so laggy (and I lazy) that I took all screenshots from 1 place Smile
Thanks for sharing, Merch; that looks extremely cool. I love the new long-distance rendering in 1.8, and I only wish they had added support for taller chunks, a feature that would help my Sparseworld project. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Merch; that looks extremely cool. I love the new long-distance rendering in 1.8, and I only wish they had added support for taller chunks, a feature that would help my Sparseworld project. Smile

Thanks, and what is your Sparseworld project? Something pretty tall that it won't fit in the 256 build limit?
SparseWorld is a system that can create Minecraft copies of the real world from data like USGS satellite imagery and Google Earth building models. At least for New York City, many bridges and buildings far exceed 256 meters above the ground, and the ground itself is well above 0m.
Some screenshots from my personal server

[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vmq7iKZS8lA[/youtube]
On Cemetech PvP:

Before

After
Good riddance to the biggest eyesore on the server, the walls of the now-defunct Shoeblox! I can't wait to see how it develops under the much keener aesthetic sensibilities of its new mayor, CVSoft, who has taken it into the era of Nublox. I already have seen his touches in red-floored, arched pathways, stone slab paths and stairs, and in general, less cobble spam.
yum! If my space still exists (can owned properties be sold if the owner has been away for a while?) and I have the time, I'd like to help out a little with this reforging of ShoeBlox.

@ comic, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The "P" on his shirt refers to porcupine Very Happy

Welcome to Cemetech MC!

And finally, pyro decides to have a nice, light snack to squash his midnight cravings.
Chauronslilsis wrote:

Welcome to Cemetech MC!

I can only see a very long tongue in this.
CVSoft wrote:
Chauronslilsis wrote:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2lcv9f8.png
Welcome to Cemetech MC!

I can only see a very long tongue in this.

Rude -.-
I found the comic picture and this is the one you deliberately photobombed Very Happy

the town of Moenia from a high place Very Happy Smiling Cat

I see you! Laughing Razz Very Happy Smiling Cat

This is a design for a 7 segment flat display I've been working on that uses a 7 bit serial decoder with built in d-latches to display and hold onto whatever you want to display on each. I'm going to use a 4 bit address to display to which specific output you want. The design is completely stackable, and I'm eventually going to repeat it onto a 9x9 grid for a sudoku game.
Whoa! That is absolutely incredible! I am very impressed; keep up the awesome work! Smile
thanks to a site called Miners need cool shoes, I have made several skins of myself (last count of 11). but then I saw this really cool feature - you can take a skin and have it 3d printed!

today, my anxious waiting is ended! I present to you... myself!
That's really neat that they can generate the models for Shapeways to print. Nice gift to yourself!
I was poked to make some screenshots of my 2 plots last night, after a few hours of development and some mining/stair building Smile

A shot from up hi, stealing a certain neighbor's high perch for the shot.

More of a front view of my base/house/whatever. And yes, the chest in front is open, it's just full of cobblestone. So much cobblestone.. And yes, I have my own personal garden, figured it would be easier to do this then bothering others for access to the vault :p

This is my entrance to my mine. I'm almost proud of myself for this. Almost.

This is the shaft itself, with water catch at the bottom. Sadly, I botched up the start of going down, and didn't realize what I was doing wrong until the secondish level. So you kind of have to jump out a little further to make it into the water.

Once down there, though, I have access to cool places to investigate Very Happy Hooray cool places \o/
Nice work so far, tifreak; I'm glad you're having fun on our server as an Arcadian, and I can't wait to see what you do with your full complement of six plots. I'm particularly excited to see what you'll be doing with the top of the mountain and the interior of the mountain above your current house.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 17 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours