» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
You know what to do! Screenshots (or videos, I guess) of your awesome buildings, mechanisms, circuits, towns, ramparts, and discoveries! I'll just put the small screenshot from my review here as a placeholder:

Used about 300 things of TNT. Note, how the cave has a roof at the start Wink I should have recorded how far down we were (wasn't that far, but the roof was probably ten blocks or so from ground level)

I'll try creating some stuff and posting pictures Smile
Here is my most recent screenie

Here are the screenies from my server with a pretty layout Very Happy Haven't played on my server in forever; might bring it back up *shrug*
http://tanner.isthecoolest.com/Minecraft.php
ComicIDIOT, I like how the TNT explosion was so massive that it disconnected you from the server. Very Happy ParkerR, why are all the zombies in the middle of the air?
Kerm, they're not floating. Them be giants.

And that's what happens when I run the server, the game and a screen video capture on 4GB's of RAM without a graphics card (would it even matter if I did have one?)
The server doesn't care about your graphics card, and the physics client-side very likely does not take advantage of PhysX either, so probably only makes a difference for your framerate (plus that of course display takes more of your CPU, leaving less time for physics). I'd just blame Notch's terrible coding. Wink
Here is my cannon. Very Happy http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3601919/Pictures/MCcannon/cannon.html
Also, here is the save file if you want to play with my cannon, just extract the folder in the .zip to .minecraft/saves. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3601919/Cannons.zip
That looks really cool! Would you mind explaining how it works, souvik?
Well, the button triggers the TNT, and there are two sets of TNT. The first one is the projectile, and the other is the propellant. The button triggers the propellant and sends a signal through redstone repeaters to generate a delay. After the signal passes through the delay, it triggers the projectile. This prevents the projectile from exploding at the same time as the propellant, which would be terrible and could kill you. The propellant is in a trough of water, so when it explodes nothing gets damaged, it just produces a tremendous amount of force. The force launches the projectile, which can explode in midair, land and them explode, or bounce off of something.
That's really cool! It sounds like it's a fire-once sort of weapon; I would expect that firing it destroys it pretty well from the explosion of the propellant, no? On a side-note, I took some in-progress shots of my Evocat.us build, which I will post soon.
You could build it out of obsidian or download a hack that disables certain blocks from being destroyed, I imagine.
comicIDIOT wrote:
You could build it out of obsidian or download a hack that disables certain blocks from being destroyed, I imagine.
Ah, the obsidian idea did not occur to me for some reason. What about the redstone, though, wouldn't it get blown up regardless unless you used the hacks that you mentioned?
Kerm, it isn't a fire-once weapon, but it does take a long time to reload. The cannon survives after being fired.
That's great, Souvik! Here's some outdated screenshots of my promenade between Tower 2 and Tower 5 of my kingdom, where I'm growing trees.

FWIW, it doesn't blow up and destroy the cannon because of the water that you use. Just felt the need to add that Razz
_player1537 wrote:
FWIW, it doesn't blow up and destroy the cannon because of the water that you use. Just felt the need to add that Razz
Yeah, I did some more reading and found out about that. Smile Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a client-side mod that will generate a birds-eye view of an area of a server somehow? Like a map sort of thing? My friend ElderofMagic has a mod that creates a cool little compass and map in the top corner of the gameplay screen, but I want a bigger, more encompassing map/view type of thing. I'm on the seventh tower of my promenade! Its extents cover about 300x300 now, I think.
KermMartian wrote:
That's great, Souvik! Here's some outdated screenshots of my promenade between Tower 2 and Tower 5 of my kingdom, where I'm growing trees.

I really want to make something like this now.
Screenshot of a small (2 piston) elevator made using the Pistons mod.

The amount of circuitry necessary for more pistons grows exponentially and I couldn't fit it into a reasonable screenshot Razz
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
Yeah, I did some more reading and found out about that. Smile Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a client-side mod that will generate a birds-eye view of an area of a server somehow? Like a map sort of thing? My friend ElderofMagic has a mod that creates a cool little compass and map in the top corner of the gameplay screen, but I want a bigger, more encompassing map/view type of thing. I'm on the seventh tower of my promenade! Its extents cover about 300x300 now, I think.

Creating a 2D top-down map of the save file should be trivial. After all, the maps are all just 2D pixel planes with a 3rd dimension of depth. Hell, you could even render each level of blocks as a layer in photoshop.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours