Chipmaster wrote:
Well, maybe a tutorial, but how would we make a wizard that would effect how the program installs? You would have to modify the binary, but I guess that's possible. Let's see what Kerm thinks. Smile

by distributing the source and having a buch of #ifdefs in the ASM programs. A simple script then specifies a bunch of #defines in a file (such as config.inc) which controls which features are turned on and off - basically the same way it is done on the PC with ./configure Wink
Actually, I have an even better way to do it - a PHP way that does not require source - but thou shalt see that later. Smile
sounds cool Kerm
KermMartian wrote:
Actually, I have an even better way to do it - a PHP way that does not require source - but thou shalt see that later. Smile

lol, you and your love affair with PHP...
maybe he's porting TASM to php :p

actually, I have a copy of the TASM source if you want to try...
actually elf, that wouldn't surprise me if he was porting a Z80 compiler to PHP, although it sounds like a gigantic waste of time....
wouldn't surprise me either <_<

and as I said, if anybody wants the source to TASM I have a copy.
Isn't TASM shareware meaning that you technically have to BUY it?

So why use the TASM source when there are other, legally free, compilers and assemblers that are open source?
Yeah, you are SUPPOSED to send money to the creater of the file, but I doubt anyone really has...
I forgot about that.

I wonder where darth android managed to the source then.
Last time I checked TASM was freeware, no?
:p

read the license.
elfprince13 wrote:

read the license.
*sigh* Yes, I'm considering making a php assembler. Anyone got a problem with that? Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Last time I checked TASM was freeware, no?

Last time i checked, YOU WERE WRONG F00! OOHHH!!! PWNT!!! (sorry, i had to Very Happy )

Tasm Readme wrote:
If you find TASM useful, why not register? Unregistered use of TASM
beyond a 30 day evaluation period is a violation of the license.

For the $40.00 registration fee you get:

1. Latest version of TASM.
2. Source code (in C).
3. Bound Manual.
4. email support.

To register, use the form on the disk (ORDERFRM.TXT), or just send
$40.00 check or money order to:

Thomas N. Anderson
Squak Valley Software
837 Front Street South
Issaquah, WA 98027
andersontn@acm.org
Shock Good thing I don't actually use TASM anymore then. Smile I go thirdparty now, and as you hopefully saw above, I'm planning on making my own.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

read the license.
*sigh* Yes, I'm considering making a php assembler. Anyone got a problem with that? Very Happy

I will use it if you do....
KermMartian wrote:
Shock Good thing I don't actually use TASM anymore then. Smile I go thirdparty now, and as you hopefully saw above, I'm planning on making my own.

Unless I am mistaken, TASM IS thirdparty, as it isn't made by TI (or Zilog) Wink
lol.

go ZDS!!!
yeah, once i learn asm i will probobly use assembly studio 8x, i believe that is third party and free, and i think it works
which compiles via Tasm....

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours