assembly studio 8x compilling with tasm??? i thought it had it's own compiler, i have not seen a copy of tasm included
nvm, I was thinking of Assembly Editor 8x....

there are a junkload of pseudo IDEs...
BRASS and LateNite seems to be a winning combination.
birdmanx35 wrote:
Well, from my memory (I haven't used Doors for a while), you load programs and turn off the calc with Doors. But you have to exit to do Math or use the function that is in the Archives.....

Is there some way you can add a DOS-like function that allows you to do basic math functions (although anything in the catalog would be nice)? I would really like that and I'm sure it would round out DCS.

You can make this BASIC program DCS compatible to have the same effect:

Code:
:ClrHome
:Repeat Str1="QUIT
:Input "",Str1
:If Str1=/="QUIT
:Disp expr(Str1
:End
:Delvar Str1"
Exactly. What you're talking about is this:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/283/28318.html
Three+ years old now Smile
I never noticed it. I just made my program up a while ago. Is it just the DCS Icon and credits, or is my program smaller?
It can't do all the fancy variables and lists stuff though....
Sure it can. You can use variables, you just can't use the [STO>] character anywhere. Something: it's the icon and credits.
KermMartian wrote:
Sure it can. You can use variables, you just can't use the [STO>] character anywhere. Something: it's the icon and credits.

and how do you propose to use variables and lists without [sto>]? Laughing
Perhaps something like this?
Code:
3+2A+5L1(B+1)
So you would have to store to the variables before using Doors...that's really helpful... Rolling Eyes
Chipmaster wrote:
So you would have to store to the variables before using Doors...that's really helpful... Rolling Eyes
Aaaaanyway, back ontopic. Smile
I was hinting at that if you were to make built in math functionality, you should definitely be able to use the ->.
Chipmaster wrote:
I was hinting at that if you were to make built in math functionality, you should definitely be able to use the ->.
Ah, but of course. That's why the current BASIC one is not completely sufficient for the purpose Birdman was suggesting, and why I hope to do something about that. Smile
Maybe add a routine to check for a - and a > sign might work... And then store what was left of the -> to a string and store that to the thing at right (not sure if you an do that with exec though...)
Harq wrote:
Maybe add a routine to check for a - and a > sign might work... And then store what was left of the -> to a string and store that to the thing at right (not sure if you an do that with exec though...)

Having people enter - > instead of a [sto>] character could potentially work, but it would require programming in every possible sto> case as you would have to hard code in the sto>var part, doing something like expr(Str2[sto>]A

it might work, but it would be extremely bloated...
Yeah, it would. In ASM, however, it would be a piece of cake. Smile
KermMartian wrote:

Then what are you waiting for? Razz
It would be nice if their was a way to store to whatever was contained in, say, str9.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Then what are you waiting for? Razz
I'm waiting to actually finish DCS6 to find out if people need this feature.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours